Darlington: Martin texts Incognito "I don't blame you guys at all...." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington: Martin texts Incognito "I don't blame you guys at all...."

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffDarlington/tweets

For thos bashing Incognito READ the tweets. Martin responded to Incognitos text to him asking how he was doing. Seems like those "sources" maybe wrong about Incognito.

"I don't blame you guys at all its just the culture around football & the locker room that got to me a little."

NO No NO! Incognito is a punk! Alex Marvez said so! martin doesn't know wtf he's talking about...

Martin is moving himself out of the NFL.

The fans are responsible

being sarcastic but not really

I wish Martin could at least stay in as backup. Or he really was a waste of a pick.

Got to him a little, seriously?

I hope he understands at some point in his life the opportunity he pissed away.

However if he has mental health issues I can't blame him at that point. But I'm not getting the sense he actually does. He just appears to be someone that is fully entrenched in our current PC culture.

Well, well well.

Isn't that interesting.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

NO No NO! Incognito is a punk! Alex Marvez said so! martin doesn't know wtf he's talking about...

Don't believe everything you read.

Im quoting Omar now and I know that's a no no but Omar doesn't see him as a football guy that lives and breaths football. He enjoys it but apparently not any more.

Think about it. At the draft he had the worst number of 225 reps for any lineman. Wrs and dbs were doing more. At my strongest I could throw 225 15 times. If this games was important to him he would have been lifting all off season. Based on how he's been getting pushed around this season I'd guess he wasn't in the weight room.

That's fine, he's not into football. That's something Ireland should have know before wasting a 2nd on him.

/rant.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Im quoting Omar now and I know that's a no no but Omar doesn't see him as a football guy that lives and breaths football. He enjoys it but apparently not any more.

Think about it. At the draft he had the worst number of 225 reps for any lineman. Wrs and dbs were doing more. At my strongest I could throw 225 15 times. If this games was important to him he would have been lifting all off season. Based on how he's been getting pushed around this season I'd guess he wasn't in the weight room.

That's fine, he's not into football. That's something Ireland should have know before wasting a 2nd on him.

/rant.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

He got 20 reps at 225.

At the most important pre-employment event so far in his life.

Literally, right now, I think I can get right in that range at 46 years of
age, with a right shoulder that was separated, and a left shoulder that
is one steroid injection away from surgery. I top out at 305ish right now.

ETA; I would agree that there's a big possibility he's really not that into
football.

Pretty much. He's handled this terribly.

Sometimes intelligent people can behave in an illogical manner and do something that they later regret. It's a pity that a wise old head wasn't around at the time of the incident to dissipate the emotion and resolve it. I do hope that he can sort out his thoughts and return to the team and make a contribution. I would give him another chance and evaluate his performance on the field.
It wasn't too many years ago that Richie Incognito's career was in tatters after getting kicked out of St Louis for fighting. Jeff Ireland gave him a second chance.

I don't think Martin wanted his private texts to Incognito to be blabbed to the media. That may put additional strain on the relationship. At this point, I don't think Martin is long for the NFL. He just doesn't seem into it, and if its not his thing, he should find something else, and I think he will. I don't see Martin returning.

I don't think Martin wanted his private texts to Incognito to be blabbed to the media. That may put additional strain on the relationship. At this point, I don't think Martin is long for the NFL. He just doesn't seem into it, and if its not his thing, he should find something else, and I think he will. I don't see Martin returning.

I would agree. I don't think you can come back from the incident before this. Now, there's no way.
I'm glad, actually. No calling him names, etc....Don't do what you don't want to do in life when you
have an opportunity to do something else. Really. I don't know what Martin majored in, but I'd
bet is was something worthwhile, and a Stanford degree is a meal ticket.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Sometimes intelligent people can behave in an illogical manner and do something that they later regret. It's a pity that a wise old head wasn't around at the time of the incident to dissipate the emotion and resolve it. I do hope that he can sort out his thoughts and return to the team and make a contribution. I would give him another chance and evaluate his performance on the field.
It wasn't too many years ago that Richie Incognito's career was in tatters after getting kicked out of St Louis for fighting. Jeff Ireland gave him a second chance.

I would always take a chance on a guy that likes to fight.

Has anyone considered that this may be a mental health issue? Basically a sickness that Martin cannot help. Mental illness can come about at any age and there is a possibility that he is lost right now. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy and it doesn't mean he was "bullied." The fans and the team should just give him the time he needs to get well and then decide the best course of action from there. A person's well being is bigger than the game of football.

Has anyone considered that this may be a mental health issue? Basically a sickness that Martin cannot help. Mental illness can come about at any age and there is a possibility that he is lost right now. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy and it doesn't mean he was "bullied." The fans and the team should just give him the time he needs to get well and then decide the best course of action from there. A person's well being is bigger than the game of football.

Yes. It has been considered and mentioned at every turn.

Back
Top Bottom