Daryl Washington needs to be called on for a visit! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daryl Washington needs to be called on for a visit!

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With McMillan getting hurt I think we need to kick the tires on Daryl Washington. 1 year prove yourself deal with no/minimal gaurentees.

NFL suspensions
On April 3, 2013, the NFL announced that Washington will be suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the league's substance policy.[10]
On May 30, 2014, the NFL announced that Washington will be suspended for at least the 2014 season for once again violating the league's substance policy.[11] Washington's suspension continued through the 2016 season, and he was reinstated in 2017.
Assault
On May 3, 2013, Washington was arrested[12] in Phoenix, Arizona on two counts of aggravated assault (and one count of criminal trespass in the first-degree) from an incident on May 1, 2013 involving his 27-year-old ex-girlfriend with whom he shares a daughter.[13][14] The altercation concerned a custody dispute over the 5-month-old child. Phoenix Police accuse him of pushing her with two hands, causing her to fall and break her right collarbone. On March 24, 2014, he pleaded guilty to the crime of aggravated assault, a class 6 felony. Washington was sentenced to one-year of supervised probation on April 23, 2014.[15]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Washington

This just means that we could sign one of the best LB's in the league for peanuts. They should sign him.

Why is he scum? Only thing I saw was under "controversies". Said he pushed his gf in a heated custody argument over his child. I mean im not a big fan of domestic violence issues but c'mon, there's 2 sides to every story and id be comfortable betting ALOT of money that you don't know much about either side. Its a bit judgemental to call the guy "scum".

Im so frustrated with the Raekwon injury, he was my favorite draft pick, was super excited about him. We need help and we need it quickly. I was so impressed with the front office turning that dumpster fire of inadequacy in our overall LB situation into a very interesting group. But of course, disaster strikes again. If we could get Washington here for a year till McMillan gets back, I think we should do it

I understand why he is in the same boat as Kap. Choices have consequence. I think he would be a good pick up - I remember he was quite good a couple years back...I believe in second chances.

Well just hope he can put his off the field issues aside. And hope the Fins can call on him.

Suspended for three years and out of the league since 2014. No thanks. He was a physical and athletic LB. Im sure the three year break and him turning 31 in October are not conducive to his skills.

This Dolphins organization has made a point not to bring in players with a lot of drama and who have off the field issues. They have cleaned house of those guys for the most part. I don't see them signing a LB with a rap sheet last minute a month before the season

Why is he scum? Only thing I saw was under "controversies". Said he pushed his gf in a heated custody argument over his child. I mean im not a big fan of domestic violence issues but c'mon, there's 2 sides to every story and id be comfortable betting ALOT of money that you don't know much about either side. Its a bit judgemental to call the guy "scum".

Im so frustrated with the Raekwon injury, he was my favorite draft pick, was super excited about him. We need help and we need it quickly. I was so impressed with the front office turning that dumpster fire of inadequacy in our overall LB situation into a very interesting group. But of course, disaster strikes again. If we could get Washington here for a year till McMillan gets back, I think we should do it
He pled guilty. He's scum. Read the transcripts. One count was for grabbing her by the throat and throwing her on the ground and the other was from a push that ended up breaking her collarbone. Scum.

This Dolphins organization has made a point not to bring in players with a lot of drama and who have off the field issues. They have cleaned house of those guys for the most part. I don't see them signing a LB with a rap sheet last minute a month before the season
I would like to introduce into evidence item #7273, the offseason signing of TJ Mcdonald.

Last time he played was in 2013??? I'm wondering in what kind of shape he is. But he is one of the best LB's when not suspended

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom