Dave's Addressing the Media | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave's Addressing the Media

Despacio

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
- have a lot of work to do as a team.

- called Lamar gordon Jordon (is that accurate?)

- Gordon forced to play thrrd down which he was not prepared for b/c of Morris injury

- inexperience showed up across the board

- your not gonna beat any team by turning ball over 4 times

- you have to throw the ball to score points, we got the ball thrown

- made QB change b/c didnt have good rythm

- will watch film tomorrow to make decision (on QB's) and will sleep on decision and will talk to QBs on Monday (hence next week)

- doesnt know injury status yet of anyone

- punt returner hurt shoulder, so will poole took over

- will poole returned punts and kick, his penalties on special teams were from not practicing for those plays

- wasnt happy with Ten. run game, happy to hold them to 10 pts, defense did good things

- had good pressure on MCNair

- we win and lose as a team

- QUESTIONS?

- on INT by feeley Aj thought he was going one way Gordon thought he was to break other way according to Dave

- wouldnt have made a change if he thought Jay was playing good, stutttered to find words when asked about Jay today, didnt blame him exactly

- Absence of Rob Konrad changed the gameplan a lot, but thought Easlick did a good job

- Thought Feeleys accuracy showed up for the most part

- biggest thing dealing with AJ is experience, talking only 13 games since high school, 5 in philly, 8 in college.

- on second 4th and 1 it was a bit longer and guys in the game (like Easlick) wasnt right personal, and still felt like they were in the game at time, and had time if they got a stop on D

- not commenting on decision of QB's

- just says must watch tape to anaylze QB

- expects efficiency from the QB, dont turn the ball over, and make the plays that are there to be made

how much different is it without Ricky?

I dont believe in throwing the ball, we have to run the ball to win, thought we started decent with Travis, bam bam, running game flowing in the begining, but limited with Lamar on only knowing half a dozen plays running, and he has to be involved in blitz pickup (which he deosnt know) so they couldn't always just put him in

Gordon willl improve every week, glad we got him he says

Why open the game with an empty backfield?

Hoping to get some good one on one matchups, wanted to use the quick passing game to keep in manageble third downs, which early on had.

Well get back to work tomorrow, got to make sure we maintain what we do well

END MY POOR TRANSCRIPT SKILLS

:D

When they asked Dave about the passing, he had a tone in his voice like he doubted the passing game, he was upset that we ran only 19 times, and even said at that point he believes in the running game to win.

Also when he was questioned about Jay he stumbled a bit to blame Jay without really blaming Jay. And when asked about Feeley he was quick to point out the fact that he has played only eight games after High School. A tone that kind of worried me that Jay could be starting next week.

How many games did Jay start before he became our starting QB (and are your really going to count Dartmouth football?) Come one Wanny!:shakeno:

Good post. But, I just cannot see how Wanny has to "sleep on it" with the QB situation. Fiedler has had 4 YEARS in the system. He looked like crap! Feely came in and drove the team only to get screwed on a BS call by the official on the McMichael reception.

Feely HAS to be our new starter, that is all!

"We'll get this cleaned up from a team standpoint."

Big mistake not running the ball and kicking the FG when Jay threw his first INT in the endzone. If we get the lead at that point the whole complexion of the game changes. Thanks jay and Foerster, the play calling was very suspect IMO>

"will watch film tomorrow to make decision (on QB's) and will sleep on decision and will talk to QBs next week"

This is the kind of idiot this coach is. Can't he just friggin come out and say Feeley will start? Good God....how much of a moron is this guy?
If Fiedler is even a consideration they ought to take Wanny right now out behind the barn and shoot him.
In fact...do it anyway.

A.J. Fin said:
"will watch film tomorrow to make decision (on QB's) and will sleep on decision and will talk to QBs next week"

This is the kind of idiot this coach is. Can't he just friggin come out and say Feeley will start? Good God....how much of a moron is this guy?
If Fiedler is even a consideration they ought to take Wanny right now out behind the barn and shoot him.
In fact...do it anyway.
By next week he meant Monday, I dont think he means next Saturday or something (God I hope not) as I mistyped that intention in my rush. Either way, you have a point. A 4yr Qb to a guy just brought in and who looked worse? And then he has to sleep on it? :shakeno:

"I dont believe in throwing the ball, we have to run the ball to win,"

i heard him say this as well... he doesnt believe in it??? Well he needs to start believing and soon. The forward pass is an integral part of a pro football offense Dave. He needs to start believing in throwing the ball, and put some emphasis on it. the Miami Dolphin's playmakers on offense are receivers at this point of the season: Chambers, and McMichael currently. Booker will be one as well, as he gets accustomed to the offense. Booker's learning curve should be shorter than Lamar Gordon's, since he has had a bit more time in the offense. This is not to say that Gordon cant or wont be a playmaker, but the O line is still a work in progress and the offense is better served right now with an emphasis on the passing game. If we use our passing game to open things up, the running game will benefit as well, and we have a better chance of moving the ball. At any rate Feeley deserves a shot to start next week.

The drive Dave pointed out to justify his belief in the run was the one that ended on a INT in the endzone by Jay. Well Dave, if the QB was a bit better, that should be a TD or FG not a INT. Balance. There's no puff of smoke coming from behind our QB this year, he's gone.

Back
Top Bottom