David Garrard anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Garrard anyone?

maralieus

Lets get those balls deep!!
Reaction score
So I know we all still have faith in Culpepper coming back and some of you may even be hoping that Quinn falls to #9 for us. But I just saw an article saying that Leftwich is being named the starter for the Jaguars next year and Garrard isn't happy that he doesn't get an opportunity to compete for the job. How many of you would be interested in bringing Garrard in to compete for our QB position? I didnt get to see him much last season but let me tell you what. Watching the game against us, I was extremel;y impressed not only by the decision making (knowing when to run and when to throw), but his incredible ability to shed tackles. We really got after him that game and he made our D-lineman look like they were in the wrong league. WE COULDN'T TACKLE HIM!! Not only that but he made my boy Yeremiah Bell look like a ****** with his pump fake. I know you all know what play I'm talkin about. I think this guy could be good. Thoughts?

Unlikely the Jags already have one QB leaving in Gray

Jaguars | Gray won't sign tender
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:39:27 -0800
Michael C. Wright, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars restricted free agent QB Quinn Gray says he expects to be tendered an offer by the team but will not sign any offer, as he would like to move elsewhere after QB Byron Leftwich was declared the team's starting quarterback for 2007 by head coach Jack Del Rio. "I'm not signing a tender," Gray said. "I'm going to try to go somewhere else before I sign a tender here. I'm quite sure Jacksonville won't match (an offer from another team). It doesn't look too bright for me in Jacksonville right now."

I'll pass. He is an adequate QB, but not a long term solution anywhere in the league. He is decent when he is a spot starter, but that is about as far as it goes. He showed he is not full time starter material last year. If he was to start here, or have a chance, it would just seem like more of the franchise spinning their wheels to me. As a backup, I would rather cast my lot with Cleo Lemon. At least he probably hasn't reached his full potential yet, and is a lot cheaper.

I'll pass. He is an adequate QB, but not a long term solution anywhere in the league. He is decent when he is a spot starter, but that is about as far as it goes. He showed he is not full time starter material last year. If he was to start here, or have a chance, it would just seem like more of the franchise spinning their wheels to me. As a backup, I would rather cast my lot with Cleo Lemon. At least he probably hasn't reached his full potential yet, and is a lot cheaper.

^^ yeah that, Cleo is just as good as, maybe even better Garrad, i know he hasn't proven it, but he has more potential than him

There's a reason why Leftwich was named starter after evaluating Garrard's performance after Byron got hurt.

Just say no Garrard. I don't think he would be an upgrade at all.

There's a reason why Leftwich was named starter after evaluating Garrard's performance after Byron got hurt.

Exactly he's garbage, no better then what we have now. Come on DOLFANS it's time for improvment and take a step or 2 foward..aren't you tired of loosing????? i know its a slow time right now but enough with the silly threads.....:dolphins:

H*** no...we need an upgrade, not the same sorry a** crap we have been putting on the field.:ninja:

i like garrard as a backup but thats it...

It might be nice to have one of those given Daunte's injury history. I have all the confidence in the world in Culpepper, but if we don't draft our guy this year, then why not bring in Garrard as an insurance poilcy? After all, he played quite nicely for the Jags these past two seasons.

Exactly he's garbage, no better then what we have now. Come on DOLFANS it's time for improvment and take a step or 2 foward..aren't you tired of loosing????? i know its a slow time right now but enough with the silly threads.....:dolphins:
Damn, well I'd like to hear your suggestions for guaranteed improvements at QB. As far as I can see we have Culpepper and thats it for our options. Quinn? Not hardly in my opinion. I dont know I just liked the way Garrard played but I cant really think of any other options right now except cross our fingers and hope that CPep gets back to full strength.

Back
Top Bottom