David Yankey-Dolphins pick in Draftdaddy Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Yankey-Dolphins pick in Draftdaddy Mock

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
:rotfl1:
MIAsmall-1.gif
Miami Dolphins - OG David Yankey, Stanford

[SIZE=-1] Yankey gets picked by the Dolphins after Dawn Aponte forces him to sign a contract stating that he'll never acknowledge that Jon Martin has, or has ever had, a sister. [/SIZE]
http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/draft2014_dl.htm

i personally don't want Any Stanford Offensive Linemen

I think Miami could trade down and get Yankey, probably 5-8 spots.

What are the chances that misfortune from Stanford could strike twice?

I think Miami could trade down and get Yankey, probably 5-8 spots.

Definitely agree, he wouldn't be good value at 19. If Martin and Lewan are gone and we're set on OL we should definitely trade down. Could easily target Yankey/Sua'Filo and Hurst/James are great fits in the 2nd.

honestly think of how much pressure this young man would have to prove to the organization AND the fans AND the media that he is a better lineman, AND a better man than Jonab*tch Martin...THATS what I was alluding too,

Yankey is one of those guys who could go anywhere from 19 to 60 depending on how teams feel that day. He doesn't explode out at you, doesn't dominate, just does everything well, no mistakes. If he were a bit meaner and more physical he'd be a lot like David DeCastro.

The problem with Stanford players is they seem to hit there ceiling in college. At least most of them do.

The amount of Stanford players in the NFL that havnt done anything, or have done less than there draft position is pretty high.

My theory on that, is that these kids come from good homes, money, 2 parent homes, there super disciplined and obviously smart, and had the foresight snd direction to work hard throughout there childhood and teen years. That lead them to hitting there ceiling earlier than guys who didn't have that growing u, but maybe are more physically gifted.

I have no clue if thats true or not. But thats my theory.

Can't discriminate against a school because of one prospect not working. Besides, none of us will ever know the extent that poor coaching and total tools for team mates had to do with Martins bad play.

The problem with Stanford players is they seem to hit there ceiling in college. At least most of them do.

The amount of Stanford players in the NFL that havnt done anything, or have done less than there draft position is pretty high.

My theory on that, is that these kids come from good homes, money, 2 parent homes, there super disciplined and obviously smart, and had the foresight snd direction to work hard throughout there childhood and teen years. That lead them to hitting there ceiling earlier than guys who didn't have that growing u, but maybe are more physically gifted.

I have no clue if thats true or not. But thats my theory.
that's an interesting theory, Bama players tend to do the same thing so the non broken home observation might be incorrect. It seems to me that their respective coaching staffs develop the players talent really well and mask their deficiencies so when it comes draft time the players are overdrafted so they don't perform up to their draft position.

Back
Top Bottom