Davone Bess is a Playmaker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess is a Playmaker

That's probably a little harsh WV, but if you can get a fifth round pick for him, with as deep as this draft is at WR, you take it and run. And you shed a little salary in the process. IMHO depending how the draft goes, he could be a cap casualty in the fall anyway.
I'd be interested to see your analysis of the success rate of fifth-round wide receivers, even in "deep" drafts at the position. I suspect less than one percent of them attain the success Davone Bess has in the league. And I suspect that's true for even third-round receivers, and perhaps even second-round ones, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested to see your analysis of the success rate of fifth-round wide receivers, even in "deep" drafts at the position. I suspect less than one percent of them attain the success Davone Bess has in the league. And I suspect that's true for even third-round receivers, and perhaps even secound-round ones, as well.

Stop looking at this in a vacuum.

I'd be interested to see your analysis of the success rate of fifth-round wide receivers, even in "deep" drafts at the position. I suspect less than one percent of them attain the success Davone Bess has in the league. And I suspect that's true for even third-round receivers, and perhaps even secound-round ones, as well.

Where did I say we should draft a receiver with a fifth round pick should we be lucky enough to get one for Bess? We should be taking a WR in the first three rounds this year. That's where there is value. Any good GM is ALWAYS looking to replace the veteran players on there teams with younger, cheaper talent.

Say that he isn't a playmaker all you want but w/o bess the league would be talking about tannehill as unclutch and can't get it done on 3rd down because bess was literally the ONLY receiver that tannehill could have went too and I think having him was crucial for Tannys development, also bess is probably the only slot receiver in the nfl who doesn't have the space to make the huge play because we had nothing stretching the field on the boundaries therefore our middle of the field filled w/ extra defenders

If he's a plamaker they just wasted a lot of money on WR's in free agency....

321 career catches and only 1 of 'em ever went for 40 yards..... 41 to be exact.

I'll trade this guy for a 4th round pick and feel excellent about it. You cannot run an offense through this guy and ever achieve offensive success... thus why Miami's offense has been poor despite the significance of his contributions towards it.

Bess is a playmaker the same way Jake Long is.... the only time he impacts a game is when he doesn't do his job.

Calling Davone Bess a playmaker is the sort of thing that causes the word 'playmaker' to lose all meaning.

Career averages in 5 seasons: 64 rec, 689yds, 10.7avg, 2.4tds, 3.2fum

That's a playmaker? 10.7 career average yards per catch? More fumbles than touchdowns in his 5 year NFL career? This is what we call a 'playmaker' now?

Calling Davone Bess a playmaker is the sort of thing that causes the word 'playmaker' to lose all meaning.

Career averages in 5 seasons: 64 rec, 689yds, 10.7avg, 2.4tds, 3.2fum

That's a playmaker? 10.7 career average yards per catch? More fumbles than touchdowns in his 5 year NFL career? This is what we call a 'playmaker' now?

It's amazing....

When I saw the title thread, I was thinking.... What crappy little stat did someone find to make this true.

I just took a dump this morning after I woke up. I'm a playmaker.

321 career catches and only 1 of 'em ever went for 40 yards..... 41 to be exact
0.3 percent.

Wes Welker: 768 career catches, 13 for 40+ yards. 1.7 percent.

Now, to avoid looking at this in a vacuum, I suspect we should also consider the players around them and the strength of the teams they've played for, to help make sense of the one and a half percent difference between Davone Bess and Wes Welker.

Bess is a nice player but he can be upgraded. If you can upgrade him you do it. Besides it may be wise to trade him for something before losing him for nothing since this may be his last year in Miami as he's a FA after the season.

Exactly.
Say that he isn't a playmaker all you want but w/o bess the league would be talking about tannehill as unclutch and can't get it done on 3rd down because bess was literally the ONLY receiver that tannehill could have went too and I think having him was crucial for Tannys development, also bess is probably the only slot receiver in the nfl who doesn't have the space to make the huge play because we had nothing stretching the field on the boundaries therefore our middle of the field filled w/ extra defenders

0.3 percent.

Wes Welker: 768 career catches, 13 for 40+ yards. 1.7 percent.

Now, to avoid looking at this in a vacuum, I suspect we should also consider the players around them and the strength of the teams they've played for, to help make sense of the one and a half percent difference between Davone Bess and Wes Welker.

Lol. I guess I should of drew pictures and used finger puppets for you instead.

Anybody who watched sixteen Dolphins games last season and came to the conclusion that Davone Bess was an indispensable asset who made Ryan Tannehill look better than he should have looked has probably only watched sixteen football games in his life.

And probably conveniently ignored the parts of the games when opposing teams had the ball.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Lol. I guess I should of drew pictures and used finger puppets for you instead.

Come up with an absurd, indefensible premise and just mash your head into the wall as hard as you can. Eventually, you will win the argument.

Back
Top Bottom