Davone Bess is a Playmaker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess is a Playmaker

Here's a slot receiver we could have/should have drafted in the third round. This is what a playmaker looks like. Take notes:

[video=youtube;jwpdfYB5R_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpdfYB5R_8[/video]

Note the presence of actual plays being made in this video.

Bess gets injured at the most critical time of the year. Now were we playoff team? no, but thats not where Philbin plans to be this year. He wants guys who can make it through a season. Which if the trade rumour is indeed about Bess, its time to move on. The time is right if you can get something for him.

-Do you even take the time to check anything?
Bess has played 76 straight games before missing the last 3 this past season
yet you previously posted this
**************************************************************************************
Thread: Media People Are Saying "No Playoffs For Dolphins" In 2013
by finfan54 Replies

Did you remind these people Wes Welker is out in...
Did you remind these people Wes Welker is out in New England!!! ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Danny amendola. puhlease.
****************************************************************************************
Danny Amendola... has missed 22 games in the past 4 seasons
Davone Bess has missed 3 games in the past 5 seasons

How conceited and arrogant. You create a thread, and then get mad when people give their opinions in it.

I remember you. You are the same guy who compared Sparano to BB.

:rotfl1: :lol: :sidelol: :rotfl1:

Running backwards after catching the ball and actually losing first down yardage qualifies as a play, I guess.

Pro's and con's of Bess

Pro: Excellent route running and the ability to create seperation, shiftiness makes him a 1st down machine, gets low or out of bounds which makes him durable, catches everything thrown at him

Cons: lack of YAC ability are not ideal for WCO, inability to get open in red zone, quick but not at all fast.

To me, you look to trade Davone Bess for a 2nd, and stand as firm as possible at the price. If someone takes him, draft Stedman Bailey or Ryan Swope (or Tavon Austin :d-day:) for the slot.

The league is becoming more about TE's and slot receivers than it is about the traditional WR, so i do believe a 2nd could be obtained for him. He is easily a top 5 slot receiver in the NFL.

look i get why you like bess I like him as well he has been a good and consistent player for us but he is not a playmaker and never will be. To compare him to welker is silly.

You want to see a playmaker you can play in the slot and who will favourably compare with welker? well here you are..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8

If you guys think this thread is crazy you should go see what he post on thephins.com forum. He defends hartline like he's a top receiver using stats to compare him with the elites and makes our WR core from LAST year seem good-elite as if it didn't need an upgrade. He is poor man's John Hollinger of the NFL and bases everything off stats.

look i get why you like bess I like him as well he has been a good and consistent player for us but he is not a playmaker and never will be. To compare him to welker is silly.

You want to see a playmaker you can play in the slot and who will favourably compare with welker? well here you are..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8

One thing you immediately notice about Ryan Swope is that when he catches the ball, he turns upfield and gets positive yardage, rather than running backward with his 4.8 speed and losing it.

Cruz, Cobb, Harvin, Welker, Hilton. Davone Bess doesn't fit in this group.

Pro's and con's of Bess

Pro: Excellent route running and the ability to create seperation, shiftiness makes him a 1st down machine, gets low or out of bounds which makes him durable, catches everything thrown at him

Cons: lack of YAC ability are not ideal for WCO, inability to get open in red zone, quick but not at all fast.

To me, you look to trade Davone Bess for a 2nd, and stand as firm as possible at the price. If someone takes him, draft Stedman Bailey or Ryan Swope (or Tavon Austin :d-day:) for the slot.

The league is becoming more about TE's and slot receivers than it is about the traditional WR, so i do believe a 2nd could be obtained for him. He is easily a top 5 slot receiver in the NFL.

Without even considering the TE's who operate split out wide in the slot, these are the slot receivers I'd take over Davone Bess immediately without even thinking about it.... I'm sure I'm forgetting some...

Percy Harvin
Wes Welker
Harry Douglas
Lance Moore
Victor Cruz
Emmanuel Sanders
T.Y. Hilton
Randall Cobb
Doug Baldwin
Danny Amendola

Back
Top Bottom