Davone Bess is a Playmaker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess is a Playmaker

The argument is that Bess is a playmaker. The best measure of playmaking ability is WPA. What the Dolphins could or should get in trade for Bess is irrelevant.

your clearly too biased to ever agree with anyone else on this so lets just leave it be.

In a four receiver set and 3 with tight end and Lamar Miller, Bess spreads with the field nicely with Wallace, Hartline, etc. Davone is a known commodity and is good at what he does. Being able to spread the field more in what we are predicting to a quick strike apple offense, should mean Bess will see a more open space and apt to have to break less tackles than the 5 yard at a time offense of the past few years

Bess did drop quite few last year. More than normal...

But, he was also covered like a blanket most of the time because we had no one but Hartline as the other WR. I'm sure that duo sent fear into every CB's heart last year...

...he is slowwww and cannot get consistent separation.

I'd be interested to see your analysis of the success rate of fifth-round wide receivers, even in "deep" drafts at the position. I suspect less than one percent of them attain the success Davone Bess has in the league. And I suspect that's true for even third-round receivers, and perhaps even second-round ones, as well.

Almost all 5th round receivers with a comparable skillset aren't as high on their depth chart for 5 years straight, let alone being the starter for a lot of it. Bess doesn't put the ball in the end zone enough. By definition he isn't a playmaker. He's a mediocre slot receiver who stands out because our WR corps has been abysmal.

The take home message is he's not good enough. The fact that Ireland hasn't brought in enough talent at WR to replace him yet says a lot about him as a general manager.

In a four receiver set and 3 with tight end and Lamar Miller, Bess spreads with the field nicely with Wallace, Hartline, etc. Davone is a known commodity and is good at what he does. Being able to spread the field more in what we are predicting to a quick strike apple offense, should mean Bess will see a more open space and apt to have to break less tackles than the 5 yard at a time offense of the past few years

Why do fans keep making excuses for him? I'll say it again. If Bess is on your team and you depend on him so much, your WRs aren't good enough! He has to break tackles all the time because he doesn't have enough speed and explosion to shake a defender. It's obvious.

How conceited and arrogant. You create a thread, and then get mad when people give their opinions in it.

I remember you. You are the same guy who compared Sparano to BB.

(Fistpump Sparano = BB) + (Bess=playmaker) = credibility shot :lol:

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Look through this guy's post history at all the stat spinning nonsensical threads just like this one that he's provided you in order to defend bum after bum.

This guy has to be an engineer with that attitude and knack for spinning digits.... I deal with 'em everyday.

Ahh...so he's the Dolfan version of nyjunc. Got it. Makes sense now.

Bess doesn't put the ball in the end zone enough. By definition he isn't a playmaker.
A touchdown isn't the only kind of play one can make. Bess's WPA says the plays he makes are aplenty regardless of his number of touchdowns.

0.3 percent.

Wes Welker: 768 career catches, 13 for 40+ yards. 1.7 percent.

Now, to avoid looking at this in a vacuum, I suspect we should also consider the players around them and the strength of the teams they've played for, to help make sense of the one and a half percent difference between Davone Bess and Wes Welker.

Right...because when I watch Wes Welker play football, he ALWAYS reminds me of Bess.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

A touchdown isn't the only kind of play one can make. Bess's WPA says the plays he makes are aplenty regardless of his number of touchdowns.

So scoring isn't the primary measurable for what constitutes as a playmaker then. Gotcha.

I'm still curious to see what else you throw against the wall regarding my other responses to you.

Shouright also started a near legendary thread about how much better a starter Matt Moore was then Tannehill.

I stopped reading his posts after that debacle.

About 90 posts in, and we're still awaiting any objective evidence anywhere near as good as WPA that Bess isn't a playmaker. Can probably close it down at this point. I'd say we probably have a sufficient sampling of what the forum has to offer in the way of a rebuttal.

About 90 posts in, and we're still awaiting any objective evidence anywhere near as good as WPA that Bess isn't a playmaker. Can probably close it down at this point. I'd say we probably have a sufficient sampling of what the forum has to offer in the way of a rebuttal.

I gave you plenty of objective rebuttals. So did everyone else. Predictably, you've chosen to just ignore it.

Take care...

:bye:

Back
Top Bottom