Davone Bess talks to students and draws upon a violent episode during childhood | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess talks to students and draws upon a violent episode during childhood

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
Great article about Davone Bess. It makes me like him more and more.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/miami-dolphins-receiver-davone-bess-talks-to-students-680729.html
Here are a few tidbits:
When Dolphins receiver Davone Bess talked to nearly 200 middle-school students from Palm Beach County about avoiding violence in their lives, he had a horrific tale from his own childhood to relate.
When Bess was 10, he was at a family party in his hometown of Oakland when he witnessed the murder of his uncle.
Bess said he tried to learn from the tragedy.
"It's something that, when you're sitting at home by yourself, you think about it all the time," he said. "It puts you in the mindset of others, makes you ask what you can do to help people who want to do something to someone. What can I do to make this person change his mind, to make a difference?"

Bess, who caught more passes (130) in his first two seasons than any receiver in Dolphins history, received a warm reception from the students, who represented 18 middle schools

Bess is a class act both on and off the field. Sad that he had a troubled past, but I'm glad he has moved beyond it and is now giving back to the community.

Back
Top Bottom