Davone Bess: Through the Fog | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess: Through the Fog

Ricky_Fan34

Suns and Fins superfan
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR0CMvwPDSA

This is a little documentary on Davone Bess and his story. I watched it a few years back and tonight I looked on YouTube to see if it was there, and sure enough, I found it. Excellent video and it pretty amazing how he blocked out his bad background and kept himself focused. This is one of the reasons why he is my favorite player on the team. He had to earn everything he has now and nothing came easy for him.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the video as much as I did.

You've gotta love the desire he has to keep getting better. Yet another example of why a 40 yard dash doesn't make a player. And on a side note, 13 months for driving a car with stolen PS3s and DVDs for a kid with no priors is absolute bull****.

You've gotta love the desire he has to keep getting better. Yet another example of why a 40 yard dash doesn't make a player. And on a side note, 13 months for driving a car with stolen PS3s and DVDs for a kid with no priors is absolute bull****.

It was gang activity on a multiple armed burglary spree ... when they were caught in the act with weapons ... thus, he got off light as a first-offender (& has even said so multiple times) ... also because he was only the get-away driver who didn't do the armed burglary (Probably helped that he was a well-known multi-sport athlete).

What screwed Bess worse ... he had his choice of major scholarships to all Pac-12 schools & many others ... his scholarship was canceled at the Top Pac12 team of the day (believe Washington, but maybe Oregon). Then, no one would take him, even w/o scholarship ... and he's from the ghetto & poor.

He was lucky, June Jones who was fired for thuggery players at other schools ... became head coach at 1 win/year Hawaii & signed him up about a year later ... that's why he's a bit older than other students.

Bess, to his great credit ... turned his life around. He'd been running with gangs for years with all his best friends.

I live in the area on the Left Coast. He's gone from Hero to Zero to Hero & is quite popular in N. CA ... as its a rare story for someone to fall & get back to the top not only as an athlete, but as a solid citizen.

Ironically it all worked out pretty good. Had a stellar college career, going undrafted brought him to the Dolphins who were devoid of WRs which got him on the field & gave him a real chance, and college & pros far away from home got him away from his friends.

It was gang activity on a multiple robbery spree ... when they were caught in the act with weapons ... thus, he got off light as a first-offender (& has even said so multiple times) & being a well-known multi-sport athlete ... also because he was only the get-away driver who didn't do the armed burglary.

What screwed him worse ... he had his choice of major scholarships to all Pac-12 schools & many others ... his scholarship was canceled at the Top Pac12 team of the day (believe Washington, but maybe Oregon). Then, no one would take him, even w/o scholarship ... and he's from the ghetto & poor.

He was lucky, June Jones who was fired for thuggery players at other schools ... became head coach at 1 win/year Hawaii & signed him up about a year later ... that's why he's a bit older than other students.

Bess, to his great credit ... turned his life around. He'd been running with gangs for years with all his best friends.

I live in area on the Left Coast. He's gone from Hero to Zero to Hero & is quite popular out here ... as its a rare story for someone to fall & get back to the top not only as an athlete, but as a solid citizen.

That makes more sense. I'll have to read up on it.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

It was gang activity on a multiple armed burglary spree ... when they were caught in the act with weapons ... thus, he got off light as a first-offender (& has even said so multiple times) ... also because he was only the get-away driver who didn't do the armed burglary (Probably helped that he was a well-known multi-sport athlete).

What screwed Bess worse ... he had his choice of major scholarships to all Pac-12 schools & many others ... his scholarship was canceled at the Top Pac12 team of the day (believe Washington, but maybe Oregon). Then, no one would take him, even w/o scholarship ... and he's from the ghetto & poor.

I live in the area on the Left Coast. He's gone from Hero to Zero to Hero & is quite popular in N. CA ... as its a rare story for someone to fall & get back to the top not only as an athlete, but as a solid citizen.

Ironically it all worked out pretty good. Had a stellar college career, going undrafted brought him to the Dolphins who were devoid of WRs which got him on the field & gave him a real chance, and college & pros far away from home got him away from his friends.
Got any facts to back that up? I never heard of him getting fired at any other school. In fact he never coached at any other school besides Hawaii before joining SMU. Proves you don't know what the hell you're talking about. :crazy:

He is a favorite of mine, too. I think he will be more and more productive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR0CMvwPDSA

This is a little documentary on Davone Bess and his story. I watched it a few years back and tonight I looked on YouTube to see if it was there, and sure enough, I found it. Excellent video and it pretty amazing how he blocked out his bad background and kept himself focused. This is one of the reasons why he is my favorite player on the team. He had to earn everything he has now and nothing came easy for him.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the video as much as I did.

Back
Top Bottom