Davone Bess | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess

TKAllDay

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Look Im a huge Marshall fan, I LOVE Vontae.. But Bess is my favorite fin. He may not be our most talented player, nor is he the highest touted, but he is a great professional. First of all this dude works his *** off. I was reading his twitter earlier, and I am NOT a twitter dude, and I came away impressed. He is the nicest dude! He wishes the best for everyone. Bess may not be our best receiver. He is a beast, but you can't beat the real beast. But even so, Davone Bess, you are my favorite player. You have overcome adversity and you have shown what it is to be a true professional! Im cheering for you D!

Sorry for rambling. I had some drinks-- but I just have a soft spot for Davone :-) GO FINS

He had 800 yards and 5 td's last year. We all know he's solid, look for him to have as many catches as Brandon again. These 2 guys are going to be great to watch. Bess finds holes in zone scheme and Brandon can't be coveted 1 on 1.

im with you bro, davone won me over last year. Not just showing me his talents but the person that he is as a human being. Vontae is my favorite player on the dolphins but davone is right behind vontae-marshall and the rest of the gang.

I thought it was kinda cool he didn't give up 15 for marshal...

Bay area guy, hard worker, talented, and humble; gotta love him no matter what team he plays for you know? Let's hope he stays a fin for many years to come.

Lol, you think Bess is better than Marshall? Bess isn't even better than Hartline.

Wow! Bess has twice as many receptions, 450+ more yards, almost twice as many touchdowns over Hartline in the last 2 seasons. Granted, Bess doesn't have the YPC Hartline does, but his hands alone make him the better receiver when we need a big reception.

Wow! Bess has twice as many receptions, 450+ more yards, almost twice as many touchdowns over Hartline in the last 2 seasons. Granted, Bess doesn't have the YPC Hartline does, but his hands alone make him the better receiver when we need a big reception.

Hartline offers more big play chances, I'll take that over a possession WR any day. Bess' stats were better because our playbook was a joke under Henning. Once we go down field on a more regular basis you'll see Hartline targeted a lot more often. Yes, Bess will still trump him in receptions, but not in big plays... 20+ 40+ yards.

Crazy talk? =) He is better than Hartline so far.

I don't think so, I think he was used more effectively.

For people who go purely by stats I can understand why they'd believe that.

Brian is more talented overall in my opinion. Bess is a great possession WR and a go to guy for short yardage passing situations when you need to pick up a first down. Brian is a bigger threat down field.

But, they serve completely different roles, so it does not matter.

Back
Top Bottom