De La Hoya vs. Mosley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De La Hoya vs. Mosley

I was rooting for Mosely last time. This time I'll be pulling for Oscar. Oscar will have had a year layoff. Wonder how long it'll take him to get going.

Will definitely be a good fight again.

I missed their first fight, but I want to see their second. Oscar is one tough SOB with a hard chin too. Did you see the Vargas/Oscar fight? Vargas got banged up pretty good but so did DLH.

I was lucky enough to see it. Vargas/DLH was one of the best fights I've ever seen. I mean, the stage was already set coming in. You had the big/bad villain who for years had talked major trash on the smaller Golden Boy good guy. I was in a rowdy, packed-out sportsbar and the rooting interest was split right down the middle. Great atmosphere for a great fight.

I gotta admit, I wasn't sure Oscar could do it. Especially after the first few rounds. Vargas just seemed too rough and strong for him. I thought he was gonna knock Oscar out before long. But DLH hung tough and started boxing. True veteran stuff. He figured out Vargas, turned the fight, and eventually landed that big shot to put Fernando on his back. Then he finished him off with like 30 straight punches.

Man, Vargas was completely shellshocked on his stool after the fight. Like somebody had just ripped his soul out. And he was even crying in frustration on the way out.

I had only rooted for Oscar one time before that fight. Always rooted against him. But I hated Vargas. And that fight made a big Oscar fan and believer out of me. Oscar showed a big heart and some big stones that night. If he hadn't been extremely brave, he'd have gotten knocked out. But he hung tough and KO'd the bully.

If you ever get a chance to see that fight, tape it.........dub it for me. :)

That fight-night I was at a friend's house and I wanted Oscar to knock out Vargas b/c he talks too much junk, but he put up a more exciting fight than I expected. Every time a punch landed, we were all like BAM!, damn they hit hard! They don't look like much until they start throwing punches and landing em' too. I to am an Oscar fan and only became one after he fought Trinidad. It was a chess match between them two. I just think Mosley is too quick. He reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard in his prime. Or Hagler. If I see any of their battles, plus the one you mentioned, I'll tape them for ya.:)

Oh, BTW, as a matter of fact HBO Boxing after Dark just had a month long anniversary celebration in which they showed all of their best battles in boxing(including their boxers:Vargas, DLH, The Prince,etc.) fights too. Don't worry tho', they show the greatest battles every month.

Back
Top Bottom