Deal For Ogun Not Close??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deal For Ogun Not Close???

I think PFT is partially making this up. What I think they are saying is because Cole said that a deal should have been done Friday and it wasn't that he lied and a deal is far off. I think Ogun gets signed in the next few days.

PFT is coming after Cole for some reason. Thing is, they really don't have any solid info to refute him. I find it curious that they're siding with the public PR that the Chiefs gave when all they ever do is report anonymous rumors and innuendo.

You cant trust anything you hear or read at this point. He's going to sign. I wouldn't worry about it.

Defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, not under contract, will not be at camp today. His agents, Drew and Jason Rosenhaus, plan to resume negotiations for a new contract today, with one signed by Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila as a jumping point. Gbaja-Biamila's deal included an $11 million signing bonus.Defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, not under contract, will not be at camp today. His agents, Drew and Jason Rosenhaus, plan to resume negotiations for a new contract today, with one signed by Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila as a jumping point. Gbaja-Biamila's deal included an $11 million signing bonus.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/07/31/a10b_finsoffense_0731.html

Why in God's name must the article be labeled "Dolphins in dissaray"?

My God. I'm starting to think South Florida writers want us to lose.

There is nothing of substance in the PFT item. The hangup on Ogun's contract is the bonus structure. To spread out the salary cap implications, they prefer to give half the bonus at the time of signing and the other half as a roster bonus the following March. The Rosenhauses have done this deal with the Dolphins before, but because the Dolphins want a "hometown discount" on Ogun, they want Ogun's bonus all upfront.

Also, I just gotta further defend Cole.

He used the term "guarded optimism" that a deal could get done soon, then followed it with a quote from Jason Rosenhaus that said, "This deal could get done in 10 minutes".

Yeah, Cole was really full of it. :rolleyes:

PFT needs to back off.

from the things I gathered from his article, they basically agree or are close to the monetary figures, just differ on how it is structured, w/ Rosenhaus wanting the signing bonus up front and Miami wanting to split between signing bonus this year and roster bonus next year. Maybe I am wrong.

Muck said:
Also, I just gotta further defend Cole.

He used the term "guarded optimism" that a deal could get done soon, then followed it with a quote from Jason Rosenhaus that said, "This deal could get done in 10 minutes".

Yeah, Cole was really full of it. :rolleyes:

PFT needs to back off.
This all started when Cole reported that T-Buck signed with the Pats, before it was official. For some reason, PFT then decided to lash out at Cole for reporting something before it was official (which is a bit ironic). Anyway, Cole e-mailed them (PFT) back and defended himslef.

From that point on, PFT has had it in for Cole. They also hate Len Pasquarelli. It's really pathetic how obsessed they are with these two guys...

Cole stated his opinion that a deal would be done soon and backed it up with reasons why it should happen. The only thing he came out a said is that both sides are optimistic that a deal can be done soon. He never said the contract will be signed by by Friday like PFT assumed.

Theres a reason i dont go to that site......:nono:

Back
Top Bottom