DeAndre Hopkins at 12? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeAndre Hopkins at 12?

slider732

Long time poster on ESPN Fins Board
Reaction score
If this kid declares, how do we not take him? 1400 yds receiving, 18 tds. That's pretty absurd for a short college season.

Sign Wallace, Bowe or Jennings, then draft this kid in addition to hartline, Bess, and Matthews. We'd have a pretty solid corps.

thoughts?

He's great! Without him no way Clemson beats LSU. Is he fast enough?

Thats why I was thinking Wallace is a must

This draft is wayyyy too deep at WR to be reaching for Hopkins at 12. Get a defensive stud with the first round pick and maybe in round 2 you can take a guy like Robert Woods, who would be an ideal fit for this offense.

Hes the best wr I have seen inn the bowl games so far and to get 180 yds and 2 td against a sec defense and a real good one at that and the #1 rated safety back there also...Hopkins earned his 1st rd grade..

I'm thinking:
1: this is the weakest we class in years, it's deep, but deep in mediocrity.

2: Hopkins is young an a game changing wr. 12 might not be too early. And with this team only scoring 280 points this year, o is what we need

Yep that's why we better go large in FA AND draft some WR's

I'm thinking:
1: this is the weakest we class in years, it's deep, but deep in mediocrity.

2: Hopkins is young an a game changing wr. 12 might not be too early. And with this team only scoring 280 points this year, o is what we need

Stedman Bailey is still being mocked as a 4th round WR . . . and that guy is an absolute stud. There may not be any AJ Greens or Megatrons . . . but I haven't seen a WR class this talented in overall depth . . . hell maybe never, we'll see how the declarations of underclassmen finish.

Did you really call this WR class weak?

Fact is, it doesn't seem like Joe Philbin's Modus Operandi to go after the "flashy" WR . . . He'd prefer the solid hands, solid route running, smart type of WR. Not saying Hopkins doesn't present that, but at 12 I think WR is pretty much off the table IMO. Obvioulsy that can change depending how FA goes.

Almost every draft prognosticator is calling this draft class the weakest in years.

Almost every draft prognosticator is calling this draft class the weakest in years.

Sure you don't have that elite QB prospect (Luck/RGIII), or the elite athletic freaks at the skill positions (Trent Richardson / AJ Green / Julio Jones). . . . but this draft is STRONG/DEEP in 2 areas that we need help . . . . WR and DE (pass rusher). In Miami's case . . . it works in their favor that this draft's bread and butter will be in rounds 2/3 . . . where they have 4 picks.

Miami is in a position to take the BPA in round 1 . . . and then have some great pickings at WR/DE/CB in rounds 2 and 3.

Everything I've read is the two positions where it is deep is o line and d line, wr is not as deep as you say it is. Show me that in wrong.

Last year was deep. You had TY Hilton go in the 6th, along with Chris givens and others. This years draft doesn't touch that.

Back
Top Bottom