DeAngelo Williams ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeAngelo Williams ?

bdhock

Old Bricklayer
Reaction score
Since we drafted D Thomas RB in the 2nd round, do we still go after DeAngelo Williams if FE rules are 4 yrs and have them split like Brown and rickey. or do we go for a 3rd down back like sproles, Sproles will be a FE even if they implement 2010 rules with 6 yrs needed for FE. personally I am a fan of D Williams but since we drafted Thomas I think we plan on him running the ball 15-20 times a game and are going to look for a change of pace back to run the ball about 5-10 times which is more like sproles.

I think They see Thomas as a work horse and I dont beleive they will go after DeAngelo, at least not for the money he will demand. I could see Sproles perhaps but I would prefere Reggie Bush as a 3rd down back. I also wouldn't completely discount Kory Sheets.

Sproles makes no sense. One of the most overpaid guys second to Reggie Bush. I would like to see Sheets. I do believe this team likes DW though. I haven't heard them comment like they have about him about others. He would be a great compliment to Thomas. I don't see his asking price being too high with his injuries and he would be the feature guy with Thomas being the rotation guy.

Sproles makes no sense. One of the most overpaid guys second to Reggie Bush. I would like to see Sheets. I do believe this team likes DW though. I haven't heard them comment like they have about him about others. He would be a great compliment to Thomas. I don't see his asking price being too high with his injuries and he would be the feature guy with Thomas being the rotation guy.

Sproles makes perfect sense . . . . a PROVEN 3rd down back who is an asset in the pass game and on returns. Sheets? The guy hasn't even played man, let's wait to see if he can recover from his injury and keep his speed before we think about him as a 3rd down back option. He was only overpaid because the Chargers had to franchise him to ensure his services last year. That was a one year deal.

With less emphasis on a kickoff returner with the new rules . . . I think Sproles could be had at a nice price.

Reggie Bush makes sense from a PR persepctive . . . Bush is a name, he will put butts in the seats. Dolphins need a big name like Reggie Bush if they can't get it at the QB position. He also is a hell of a punt returner and a prototype 3rd down back. Yea he is gonna cost, but so what . . . I rather pay for Reggie than depend on Kory Sheets or a UDFA.

Sproles makes perfect sense . . . . a PROVEN 3rd down back who is an asset in the pass game and on returns. Sheets? The guy hasn't even played man, let's wait to see if he can recover from his injury and keep his speed before we think about him as a 3rd down back option. He was only overpaid because the Chargers had to franchise him to ensure his services last year. That was a one year deal.

With less emphasis on a kickoff returner with the new rules . . . I think Sproles could be had at a nice price.

Reggie Bush makes sense from a PR persepctive . . . Bush is a name, he will put butts in the seats. Dolphins need a big name like Reggie Bush if they can't get it at the QB position. He also is a hell of a punt returner and a prototype 3rd down back. Yea he is gonna cost, but so what . . . I rather pay for Reggie than depend on Kory Sheets or a UDFA.
I don't know. Depending on a UDFA has worked out pretty well for the Bucs, Texans, and Patsies. I don't really have a problem counting on Sheets.

Back
Top Bottom