Dee Milliner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dee Milliner

Do you guys not see every draft prospect thread being moved to the Draft Forum? Why do you guys continue to post it on the main forum?

The most obvious spot is #4 ahead of Detroit who is more than likely going to take him. That would cost waayyyyyyy too much. Redskins swapped 1st's, gave up a 1st in 2013, and 2014, and a 2012 second-round pick to move up 4 spots. Its obviously not going to take that much, but it would probably take both of our 2nd at least. Its just not worth it.

There was a premium price paid to get a QB. It wouldn't cost nearly as much to move up to #4. Besides if you go by the trade value chart, the premium is on picks 1-3 and it drops off after that. For example, pick 1 is "worth" 3000 points, pick 2 2200 points, pick 3 2200 points and pick 4 1800 points. After that, the drop off per pick is only 100 points from pick 4-8. Pick 5 is 1700 points. Pick 12 is "worth" 1200 points. To move from 12 to 4, it would cost 600 points. Your first second round pick(#42 overall) is worth 490 points. The difference could be made up by adding your 4th round pick and your 2014 6th. Or in additon to your 1st 2nd the Eagles could get your 1st 3rd round pick(77th overall) and give back their 4th round pick(currently 98th overall but probably a pick or two later once comp picks are factored in).

After our terrible cornerback luck lately, I'm all for trading up for him. I think that Detroit is definitely most likely to take him. Most of the other early teams already have corners, 4 is a great spot if the Eagles keep Nnamdi (or sign Smith, hell then they'd probably love to trade with us) The Raiders could take him at 3 too. But the top 3 teams have a lot of holes, I don't see cb in their plans.

But yeah, trading up to #2 for obviously taking RGIII was a situation where they let themselves get raped really. 4 for a corner wouldn't cost nearly as much. I'd expect it to be more like when the Falcons moved up for Julio (which was still a decent amount)

No way I would pay the price to move up for him. He has an injury concern and average ball skills.

Back
Top Bottom