Defense is only giving up 18.5 per game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense is only giving up 18.5 per game

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
Cutler has not been here that long and Timmons has been out. Let give the season more then 2 games people.

Definitely overlooked the Jets.

Jets were 0-2, of course they were going to come out and play hard to try and get in the win column.

D only gave up 20, which is solid, but the problem is its the JETS. lol Drew Brees is next.. yikes.

Chargers are scoring an average of 16 points a game. Jets are scoring an average of 17.3 per game.
These are 2 of the worst offenses in the league at scoring points. We couldn't hold either below their norm.

We will face a lot better offensive teams starting next week. These things tend to average out over a season. You really have to look at the opponents.

The Chargers kind of choked in that first game, especially in the kicking game. The Chargers are also not good. The Jets basically throttled us.

I'm sorry, I remain extremely concerned about our defense and the only light I see at the end of this tunnel is TImmons coming back and playing hard, and McDonald coming in off of suspension and also playing well.

Chargers are scoring an average of 16 points a game. Jets are scoring an average of 17.3 per game.
These are 2 of the worst offenses in the league at scoring points. We couldn't hold either below their norm.

That's an important consideration.

How much differently did we play against them than expected. What's expected of course is the norm against them. A good defense should do better than what's expected.

Defense most specifically the secondary is terrible. I don't see much contested throws from this secondary and WR's are wide open most of the time.

I don't give a damn how many points they've allowed. When the offense stinks it makes no difference.

All the Jets needed to score was 8 points to win this one. The D did not look very good but the O was pathetic.

I'm more concerned about how many points we should have put up against those 2 defenses. C'mon guys unless you live under a rock it should be common knowledge on a Dolphins fan site that the defense is the weaker side of the ball. Getting Timmons and McDonald back should help but this team was supposed to be an offensive power house. I don't necessarily want to give the defense a break but as bad as they've looked really wasn't even close to how inept we looked on offense. In my opinion the defense equivalent of what we saw on offense yesterday would be the Jets hanging a 40 or 50 burger on us. I mean the defense looked average to slightly below while the offense looked like #32 in the league.

You guys do realize that the Defense was on the field for close to 40 minutes yesterday in near 100 degree weather. Did they give up some plays... absolutely but the Offense is to blame on this day. How many times can you run a no huddle and go 3 and out before the defense is worn out!

The defense was getting humiliated from the get-go.

There are plenty of other threads in which we are discussing how putrid the offense was yesterday. That doesn't change the fact that our defense is ringing some alarm bells right now. Even if we agree with Kdawg that the run defense is much better, coverage in the middle of the field is completely non-existent.

We will face a lot better offensive teams starting next week. These things tend to average out over a season. You really have to look at the opponents.
If the offense can't stay on the field then points will go up with our opponents. There isn't a defense that sustain the time of possession we have given up, something's got to give.

I think humiliated is a little strong. We gave up 10 points at halftime, The TD coming on a 70 yard bomb. WHile the middle of the field hasn't been great I wouldn't say we were humiliated. 40 minutes time of possession.

Back
Top Bottom