DEFENSE puts RONNIE on notice!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DEFENSE puts RONNIE on notice!!!

bigmiamifan said:
Ricky's a cutter and Ronnie is a straight ahead runner (in my admitted limited football knowledge). So, unless I'm wrong, you need to run straight THRU a hole, in order to be successful. Why do you think Ricky always bounced it outside? Cause the inside was all bundled up. Ronnie doesn't break it outside, so if the OL doesn't open any gaps, it will be a long year for Ronnie.

I believe the 2 game he was trying to cut but got no where .I seen ricky play live about 5 times and his speed when he breaks surprise me let hell ! Im wondering if ronnie has the same speed or is he a little slower cutting back have to go check out his times gives me something to do at work :lol:

So far, as far as run blocking, our O-line hasn't been able to get out of their own way. What I've seen so far this preseason, is that Rex can't keep up with a play when he pulls, and Jeno pulls right into the hole that Ronnie is supposed to run through. Like last year, I see Ronnie routinely getting met 2 yards deep in the back field, yet still fights and claws for positive yardage.

Carter has been smoking the new bubble turf if he thinks this is a great O-line.

I wonder how much of it is ronnie and how much it is nick telling him to run the play with no deviations. 'Cause it sure looked like if he had his eyes open, he missed some big holes (despite the plays where the OL fell asleep)?

Kadiddlehopper said:
I wonder how much of it is ronnie and how much it is nick telling him to run the play with no deviations. 'Cause it sure looked like if he had his eyes open, he missed some big holes (despite the plays where the OL fell asleep)?

Yeah but then again i dont think everyone playing 100% its preseason.

reads to me like the defense was encouraging Ronnie, not putting him on notice.

bigmiamifan said:
Ricky's a cutter and Ronnie is a straight ahead runner (in my admitted limited football knowledge). So, unless I'm wrong...

You're wrong. :D

Ricky was always a big bruising RB until the 2005 season. That is when he began cutting more because he lost some weight. No excuses for Ronnie. He has got to find the right gaps quickly and get in them for big gains. Miami will need him to do that, if they are going to the playoffs this year.

So last year with both ricky and ronnie getting plenty of carries, behind the exact same line they averaged the exact same ammount of yards per carry. 4.4

Please stop with the Ricky could do this and that while Ronnie just runs into people. The proof is in the pudding!

It was great while they were both here, but they are not. Ronnie is the least of our problems.

aerokev said:
Mile High Fin said:
:chuckle:

from all of his posts, he actually does wants ronnie to fail. i bet that he is upset that miami didn't take braylon edwards, the injury prone WR on cleveland

OK, I understand your animosity towards this,but honestly, Braylon Edwards is not injury proned. He tore his ACL last season and he had a huge recovery. If someone gets hurt one time, they're not injury proned.

I don't mean to sound like a nuissance and look as though I'm going off track a bit however, I had to defend this one. Here's a quote from Edwards himself after the game against Buffalo last Friday..

"As soon as I caught that first pass, and almost ended up in the end zone, it was right back to where I left off," Edwards said.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006608270341

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/...060827&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=608270341&Ref=AR

i dont understand these threads..maybe thats why i barely check the dolphin section out anymore

SirDrums said:
reads to me like the defense was encouraging Ronnie, not putting him on notice.

Also.. With Daunte Culpepper in there as opposed to Jay Fiedler, Feely or even Frerotte.. throwing to Chambers, Booker, McMike, Welker and Hagans..
There's no WAY the opposing defense can bring a safety up for run support without getting torched.

It's still a team sport.. If all the parts are up to task, then all the parts win.

Back
Top Bottom