Defensive Minded Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Minded Draft

PhinsAllDay

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Round 1 : Zach Cunningham ILB Vanderbilt: Big guy who reads and attacks exactly what Miami needs and should be available when we pick.

Round 2 :
Adoree' Jackson CB USC: We can put him in the nickel and replace Bobby McCain and have one of the best young secondaries in the League

Round 4: Ejaun Price OLB Pitt : Most underrated player in this draft. Bends around the edge with flexible dip and naturally low leverage Uses strong, aggressive hands to work off contact and his pursuit motor doesn't have an off switch.

[FONT=proxima-nova, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Round 6: Pat Elfein G/C Ohio State: We need to add depth at both Guard and Center. Solid pick imo .

[/FONT]Round 7 : Tony Conner[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] S Ole Miss : Solid special teams player.[/FONT]

Pat Eflein is mocked in first rounds and is most definitely a top 40 player.

Also,there will be compensation picks, I'm thinking 3 of them but probably 2,considering WR Matthews equals out DE Branch....

Zach Cunningham is exactly who this team needs...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have him falling as the draft process goes on . As I do with Jackson because he is so raw.

They were debating last night about Cunningham whether he will declare or not. But he is what Miami needs.

That said, I'd like at Munson (MLB San Diego St) or Reddick (Temple OLB) as day 2 or 3 prospects.

Reddick FWIW came to Temple as a CB and is playing edge rusher this yr. It would not bother me to see him be the 2nd rd pick and hold down the SAM position for many yrs.

Wow. Can you imagine getting Jackson in R2? It's possible coming off an injury.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting linebackers in R1 and R2 if one could rush the passer. Such a big weakness for Miami.

I think we still need to address the C and G positions too

How about Cunningham in R1 and Eflein in R2. That would arguably solve Miami's top two needs. Eflein could initially start at RG and if Pouncey doesn't make it back he could move to center.

Don't know if there will be any pass rushers left after those picks, though.

How about Cunningham in R1 and Eflein in R2. That would arguably solve Miami's top two needs. Eflein could initially start at RG and if Pouncey doesn't make it back he could move to center.

Don't know if there will be any pass rushers left after those picks, though.

Dream scenario!

We may have to look to FA to sign a LB or G to open up our first rounder to BPA. If we are picking in the mid 20s then we also can start thinking TE like Bucky Hodges or OJ Howard.

A player I really like at RG probably in the 5th or 6th Tony Siragusa's kid at 6'5 335 is a stud in the run game which helped pave the way for their great back to run wild for 2 years, plus there's pedigree there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Dream scenario!

We may have to look to FA to sign a LB or G to open up our first rounder to BPA. If we are picking in the mid 20s then we also can start thinking TE like Bucky Hodges or OJ Howard.

I could see Gase going tight end early in this draft, especially picking in the 20's. As much as I've liked the development of Lippett and how well Howard has played, corner could be in play as well.

Like you indicated, a lot could depend on free agency. I would love the team to solve the offensive line through free agency and load up on defense in the draft.

This is a great TE class, I would love to see us draft one early. Wish we had more picks.

We will be getting back three picks which were essential given away for the Carroo pick. We gave a 3rd and 4th which should come back in comp pics. We already had pics in those rounds.

Back
Top Bottom