Defensive Minded Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Minded Draft

PhinsAllDay

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Round 1 : Zach Cunningham ILB Vanderbilt: Big guy who reads and attacks exactly what Miami needs and should be available when we pick.

Round 2 :
Adoree' Jackson CB USC: We can put him in the nickel and replace Bobby McCain and have one of the best young secondaries in the League I have him falling to us because of more polished corners coming out while he is so raw.

Round 4: Ejaun Price OLB Pitt : Most underrated player in this draft. Bends around the edge with flexible dip and naturally low leverage Uses strong, aggressive hands to work off contact and his pursuit motor doesn't have an off switch.

Round 6: Pat Elfein G/C Ohio State: We need to add depth at both Guard and Center. Solid pick , I think he falls through out the draft process

Round 7 : Tony Conner S Ole Miss : Solid special teams player.

I usually wait until after the superbowl to start obsessing over the draft after the superbowl, but I keep seeing Cunningham's name every time I read about the deaft

Wont we have additional 3rd and 4th rounders as comp picks as well? I don't know much about the players but I am all for getting 2 LBs in draft/Free agency. Keep Hull for depth. However I would rate OL and DE more of a priority than CB right now. We will have 3 solid CBs going into next season, and I know we can use an uprade at nickel but I'd rather solidy the OL and get a young DE in there before Wake retires.

Elfien is regarded as one of the top interior lineman in the draft, late 1st/early 2nd. Hard to imagine him in the 3rd round, let alone the 6th

Cunningham is good . He is always in position and reads the play very well , he just needs to be coached up on his tackling. He tends to use his arms to much when should be running through the tackle, this cause him to miss tackles at times and not be as dominant as he could be .

I would love Cunningham, but considering where I think Miami will end up picking, and how popular he is becoming, especially after the combine, getting him will be tough, even expensive if Miami has to trade up.

Still crossing my fingers for another Tunsil miracle...really want him.

I've watched a little bit of Cunningham, Foster, Beckwith and Jarred Davis (I'm certain that at least two of these guys will be there with our pick) and Cunningham is by far the best at stacking and shedding.

I wouldn't take a slot corner that high though. It would depend on if there is a seam threat TE there or Dawuane Smoot...man I like that kid.

I've watched a little bit of Cunningham, Foster, Beckwith and Jarred Davis (I'm certain that at least two of these guys will be there with our pick) and Cunningham is by far the best at stacking and shedding.

I wouldn't take a slot corner that high though. It would depend on if there is a seam threat TE there or Dawuane Smoot...man I like that kid.

Hey datruth55, do you think Smoot goes R1? Is he worth the pick there and, if so, what linebackers could be there for Miami in R2?

Back
Top Bottom