Defensive stats for your miami Dolphins

fishfanmiami

Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
clear.gif

First in AFC in points allowed per game (18)

Second against the run (82 ypg)

Second in sacks (22)

Fourth in ints (8)

Fifth in forced fumbles (9)

Wake second in sacks (7.5)

Props to Kevin Coyle and the whole D ( Mike Nolan who ??)

Add into that that we're the best team in the NFL on 3rd down and something like fifth in the NFL in red zone D. Coyle's really brought it this season. I've been particularly impressed with what he's done with the secondary. I know we're 27th in the league in passing YPG but that's been because we've been playing with the lead and not been allowing anything on the ground. Smith, Jones and Clemons have all come on this season and are genuine starters in this league.

That D line is scary good. I think back to the G-Men victories over the Pats and they were successful on Defense because they got pressure rushing 4.

Add into that that we're the best team in the NFL on 3rd down and something like fifth in the NFL in red zone D. Coyle's really brought it this season. I've been particularly impressed with what he's done with the secondary. I know we're 27th in the league in passing YPG but that's been because we've been playing with the lead and not been allowing anything on the ground. Smith, Jones and Clemons have all come on this season and are genuine starters in this league.

2nd in the league in Red Zone D, we have improved several slots over the last several weeks of only giving up 1 TD a game.

2nd in sacks is surprising. Coyle doing a nice job with the blitzes. Need to recover some of those forced fumbles though...that's one area we need to improve on but it has as much to do with luck as it does with anything else...that ball always seems to bounce away from our players or out of bounds.

I'm hoping to improve our secondary and pass rush in the offseason...Nothing would make me smile more than getting another playmaking d lineman to help this unit become even stronger..

It has been an impressive run. But in a passing league you are going to be judged by your passing defense. Right now we have to find a way to start making more of those catches that have hit our DBs right in the hands. And we MUST start playing a little tighter pass defense.

My biggest fear is that we lose some of our assistants this offseason. I would love to keep this group of coaches together a few years and put some talent around them. We could really be good by the middle of next year.

What's the injury report on Starks? I thought he went down on sunday. He okay?

Complete List For Our Conference!

AFC CONFERENCE DEFENSIVE LEADERS!

We Are #1 In Total Points Allowed at just (126) Total!
We Are #1 In Rushing First Downs Allowed (21)
We Are #3 In Third Down's Allowed at just (28)
We Are#1 Opponent Third Down Completions % at (26%)
We Are #1 Opponent Yards Per Rush Attempt Avg. (3.5)
We are #1 In Scoring Defense at just (18 PPG)
We Are #1 In Opponent Touchdown's Per Game TD's Only (1.7)
We Are #1 In Opponent Redzone Scoring Percentage TD's Only (36%)
We Are#2 In Passing TD's Allowed! With Just (8.)
We Are #2 In Total Rushing Yards Allowed! (574)
We are #2 In Rushing Yards Per Game Allowed. (82)
We Are #2 In Rushing Touchdowns Allowed (3)
We Are #3 In Interceptions (8)
We Are #2 In Sacks! (22)
We Are#2 In Opponents Passer Rating. (75.4)
We Are#3 In Opposing QB's Completion Percentage. (56%)
We Are #5 In Penalty's Resulting Into First Downs. (11)
We Are #3 In Sack Yardage Lost. (134)
We Are#5 In YPA Allowed. (6.8)
We are #6 In First Downs Allowed. (139)
We Are#13 In Net Passing Yards Allowed.

Can't wait to see how we do against an Elite Quarterback!

Last edited by a moderator:
The D and special teams have been outstanding. Now we need to keep the offense cracking and score more points so we can play with the lead.

Happy to see Marlon Moore and Gaffney getting involved. Now we need to get the running game going and keep the hammer down.

Thanks CRAZY for the stats.

Love it. Only thing is Kevin Coyle will be a head coach in the NFL pretty soon.

2nd in sacks is surprising. Coyle doing a nice job with the blitzes. Need to recover some of those forced fumbles though...that's one area we need to improve on but it has as much to do with luck as it does with anything else...that ball always seems to bounce away from our players or out of bounds.

Funny U should say that. I guess we will just have to SACK him(LUCK) 5 times on Sun and recover 3 of his fumbles and THEN those numbers will look right.!!

Back
Top Bottom