Defensive Tackle '05 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Tackle '05

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Im gonna make a thread that get this....DOESNT INVOLVE SABAN!!!I kno its crazy, but it just mite work. This thread is dedicated to everyones oppions on our DT situation next year. Its one of our biggest holes.

First of all do yo u think we should get someone in FA? Some of the better ones in FA are Pat Williams(BUF), Jason Ferguson(NYJ), Seth Payne(HOU), Luther Ellis(DEN), Shaun Rogers(DET), Chris Hovan(MIN), and Corey Simon(PHI).

Or maybe we should spend a draft pick on one. Some of the best are Travis Johnson(FSU), Rodrique Wright(UT), Shaun Cody(USC), and Anttaj Hawthorne(WIS)

Or should we just stick with oru group of Bowens,Chester,Romero,Robinson, and Zgonina.

Personally id be very inclined to ehtir draft one of the oens above, or sign a FA like Shaun Rogers or Corey Simon.

If Bowens really wants to come back, i.e. take a pay cut, defensive tackle might not be as bad as it could be with him gone. I still think that I'd look to improve the position but it wouldn't be as much of a priority.

Possibly, but itd b for a quick fix. Hes like what 33??

BTW, who is the WIllaims #93 in your sig?

i like Hovan.. he is a more realistic FA that wont be back with his team. Would love to have C.Simon...

FinFan24 said:
Possibly, but itd b for a quick fix. Hes like what 33??

BTW, who is the WIllaims #93 in your sig?
It's Pat

If the Fins end up trading down for 2 #1's or trade Surtain as has been rumored on here I would love to use one of those picks on Wright or Hawthorne.....I think Simon will be out of our price range as far as free agency. The rest of the guys in FA aren't much better than what we have IMO.

im all about getting the young guys and building a team... we need antajj or rodrique

Bring in the youngest FA guys you can. Simon will be financially out of our reach.

Trading down might offer someone who we could build with in the draft. I just wouldn't count on Bowens since there's no way to predict how he will come back with that injury through the wares of a full season.

I think our best idea is to pick up an older, veteran guy.

Defensive linemen dont age bad at all. The problem is, they get tired faster. A cheaper, deep rotation would really do us well. I think we should pick up a lane clogger, as you see the problem we're having without Timbo and Chester.

I think our best canidates are Seth Payne, Jason Ferguson, and Pat Williams.

Either way I wouldnt mind seeing us selecting a dt in ...lets say the 3rd...or....f/a..as long as we dont pay to much.

FuturePhin said:
Either way I wouldnt mind seeing us selecting a dt in ...lets say the 3rd...or....f/a..as long as we dont pay to much.
I agree with that. I think we have to have a plan B in the situation, because if we don't we may get caught short handed at DT. Besides we need to get some more young players at that position.

Back
Top Bottom