Defensive Tackle Needs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Tackle Needs

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
With Bowens getting older and more expensive can someone please tell me who would be a good replacement in the third round.

Ty Warren?

Bowens has atleast 3 years of starting left. I say we wait until a future draft for that position......

It wouldn't hurt getting a good run stuffer with upside with a mid round pick. Ian Scott is somewhat like that and is only a junior. He would provide great depth, is homegrown, and would take over as you said at the age of 23-24.

Normally I would agree, but we lots of holes we need to fill this offseason. The only position we should draft for the future, if given the oppotunity, is a QB......

Why? Rosenfels is talented and these young free agents we just picked up I think will make the team and become good backups. Besides with 3 comp. picks we can afford to gamble a bit. As for the Rick Spielman top three needs, only one can be solved immediately in the draft. We need to draft for later after the first two picks, since we may see a lot of guys cut in 2004. Scott or Haley would compete for that spot well. I don't see Bowens as much more than a good run stuffer anymore.

He was a decent passrusher back when JJ was still head coach. i think he could still do it if the scheme allowed him to......

I am with Bazinet on this one. We have other more pressing needs to tend to first. Besides, Timbo is still going to the Pro Bowl so he is doing something right! He continues to allow Thomas to roam free which is basically his main duty on every play now it seems. He seems fine with it as I read an interview stating he doesn't like to be in the limelight and prefers to just do his job. He is a wonderful pro and I think he can still go for at least a few more years. Plus, you gotta love a guy who will renegotiate for you when you need him too(albeit last minute after we offered him up to the Texans but nevertheless he did it). I say we fill the Linebacker, Wideout, and Defensive back holes before we have to worry about the D-line.

I'm going to have to agree with Bazinet too. Although Bowens is getting a little long in the tooth and DT's usually dont hold up very long I think there are many more glaring needs to fill. Maybe with a late rounder but nothing early will be a DT.

i think jermaine haley could replace him. i think thats whats gonna happen too.

I think we need to keep a hold of Haley first and foremost. Ty Warren is a first rounder, early 2nd rounder.

A young guy wouldn't hurt. Haley and Bowens are both 30. But they're not old or failing by any means. The question is how long will Timbo's knees hold up......and what will his cap number look like in the next few years.

Tim Bo went to the Pro Bowl so he's better than most other DTs. We seem to be able to dig up decent backups like Haley and Romerio as FA or late round picks. So if we do not have more competition for Chester, Tim Bo and Haley before the draft on the roser, then we should spend a 5th or later on a DT

Originally posted by Jaj
Why? Rosenfels is talented and these young free agents we just picked up I think will make the team and become good backups. Besides with 3 comp. picks we can afford to gamble a bit. As for the Rick Spielman top three needs, only one can be solved immediately in the draft. We need to draft for later after the first two picks, since we may see a lot of guys cut in 2004. Scott or Haley would compete for that spot well. I don't see Bowens as much more than a good run stuffer anymore.

There's also this: Where did you get the info that the 'Fins have 3 supplamental picks? All of that is based purely on conjecture and speculation at this point and it'll be a couple of weeks before any of us know anything about who gets what where. More than likely, we're all going to be disappointed when supp-picks are released; like we are every year.

Back
Top Bottom