Dennis Pitta or Dustin Keller | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dennis Pitta or Dustin Keller

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
What type of $$ you think these 2 guys will be asking for? I am a big fan of both and would love to address our TE need right away with one of these 2.

I believe Pitta is RFA though, wonder what the asking price is?

Your thoughts?
Chubbs

They're pretty similar. Keller has more straight line speed but they're both good athletes who just can't stay healthy. Both of them play with underachieving quarterbacks who look for the home run ball then the check down and therefore under use their tight ends.

I'd rather roll the dice on Jared Cook personally. A bigger talent than either Pitta or Keller, imo. But if forced to chose between them I'm probably going with Keller. He's shown more and if you can show anything playing with Mark Sanchez you're probably pretty good. :lol:

Both are pretty good but I'd take Keller. And it's a double whammy because not only do we get a more talented receiving target than Fasano (who'd still be a nice backup at the right price) and the Jets lose one of their best Offensive players..... Sorry Rex.

Both are pretty good but I'd take Keller. And it's a double whammy because not only do we get a more talented receiving target than Fasano (who'd be a nice backup) and the Jets lose one of their best Offensive players.

Good point.

Honestly, I would take Pitta. Keller is a little too one-dimensional. Having said that, I agree with The Walrus. Jared Cook would be my top choice.

FWIW I should have said that my top choice is Jermichael Finley. I just think he's going to be the priciest tight end on the market (though less than he should cost based on his talent and achievements). Cook and Keller will fetch comparable money, at least in my opinion, which is why I said I prefer him more than Keller or Pitta (who, as Nelson points out, will also cost a pick, though I'm not convinced it'll be a 1st round tender).

Keller would be good... finley would be better.

I'm hoping Finley's market could be weak after a few down seasons. He has a lot of ability but he's had real struggles so he might not get that big deal he would've been in line for. In that case, he could be a bargain.

dennis pitta is not sniffing a first round tender...come on guys...he's a nice complementary finesse te but first round tender...nah

dennis pitta is not sniffing a first round tender...come on guys...he's a nice complementary finesse te but first round tender...nah

He's at least getting a second-rounder tender because they cannot tender him at the original round level or he'll get plucked. He absolutely could get a first-round tender.

Level 1: 1,323,000 $ (ROFR)
Level 2: 1,323,000 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Original Round Pick)
Level 3: 2,023,088 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Second Round Pick)
Level 4: 2,878,628 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (First Round Pick)

Back
Top Bottom