Detroit's left overs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Detroit's left overs

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Besides their coaches they happen to have a starting weakside lber and a starting LE that won't fit the 3-4 available in FA.

Tahir Whitehead and Ziggy Ansah.

Tag Landry and trade him for someone else's unwanted player if he won't command a draft pick. Just get something in return so we don't have to stay pat in FA to get a compensatory pick, take the cap space and as much as it pains me ask Wake to take a pay cut or walk.

Sign these two!

Quick question though, when would Landry's franchise tag hit us? When we give it to him or when he signs it?

I keep seeing a lot of people saying tag Landry and trade him. How many times had this actually happened in the NFL?

I just say it cause we probably couldn't afford the FAs we need if we keep him and I don't want to just let him walk cause then it would be very tempting to hold off from FA to get a comp pick.

I want readily available money.

Besides their coaches they happen to have a starting weakside lber and a starting LE that won't fit the 3-4 available in FA.

Miami should switch back to the 3-4. The somewhat similar defenses that they've been running under Coyle, Joseph, and Burke (who coincidentally were all ex-Bengals coaches) have been both ineffective and pathetic. Philbin completely ruined a team that just needed some offensive talent at the skill positions to become a playoff contender. It's bad enough that Gase, like Philbin, prefers a short pass based offense, but his choice of Joseph and Burke as DCs (after Coyle's defense failed miserably) is just idiotic.

Why would we ask Wake to take a pay cut or walk? The man continues to produce year after year and is coming off a 10.5 sack season, we still have him under contract for another year and he is a consummate professional. That kind of production and character shouldn't be allowed to just walk to save a few bucks.

I'd sign Ziggy Ansah. I am curious to know what his relationship with Suh was/is like. They were teammates for Ansah's first two seasons. Harris/Ansah would give you a lot of athleticism on the edges.

It's a gamble but it's a position you need to gamble at. I suspect we would have to move on from Wake immediately to make that happen and certainly be looking to release Branch next year (which is the plan regardless).

Despite saying that however, I am not looking to be the highest bidder for his services.

I just say it cause we probably couldn't afford the FAs we need if we keep him and I don't want to just let him walk cause then it would be very tempting to hold off from FA to get a comp pick.

I want readily available money.

Then get rid of Tannenbaum before it really is too late
He's in the process of destroying this franchise with
poor free agent signings and terrible contracts
just like he did for the Jets.

Call it "addition by subtraction"
not giving Tannenbaum a chance in free agency and his absurd contracts

The jury is still out on his draft picks

Ansah would be a great get, but would likely be a lottttttt of money. He'd immediately be Miami's best defensive end.

Why would we ask Wake to take a pay cut or walk? The man continues to produce year after year and is coming off a 10.5 sack season, we still have him under contract for another year and he is a consummate professional. That kind of production and character shouldn't be allowed to just walk to save a few bucks.

Wake can't set the edge or contain. Ziggy is an every down LE. If Wake takes the money his situational role demands, I'd keep him.

Ansah would be a great get, but would likely be a lottttttt of money. He'd immediately be Miami's best defensive end.

We just gave Hayes $6.5 and the Rams a sixth. In a 4 yr contract we could give Ziggy something similar next year if we throw in a lot of guaranteed money.

Heck, we could even keep Wake if he moves some of his money into 2019. Move Ziggy to DT in 3rd down. Imagine Suh, Ziggy, Wake and Harris (he would benefit from this a lot) after the QB in 3rd down?

Back
Top Bottom