Devlin is better than Matt Moore. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin is better than Matt Moore.

Matt Moore has the experience and snaps under his belt but Devlin has a better arm and is just a better all around QB at this time. Matt is a good backup but when he is put in a tough situation he tends to choke. Matt Moore is good to dink and dunk and run an offense but he will not win any games. Devlin needs a chance to show he can be the backup and Moore should be traded. Fin should draft a #3 QB in the late rounds. Go fins!

Your thoughts on Devlin were so important and so insightful that they couldn't go in the "Thoughts on Pat Devlin?" thread, they needed a thread of their own?

lolwut-1.jpg

Matt Moore has the experience and snaps under his belt but Devlin has a better arm and is just a better all around QB at this time. Matt is a good backup but when he is put in a tough situation he tends to choke. Matt Moore is good to dink and dunk and run an offense but he will not win any games. Devlin needs a chance to show he can be the backup and Moore should be traded. Fin should draft a #3 QB in the late rounds. Go fins!

Moore has played thousands of NFL snaps against elite starters. Devlin? Zero. Fail thread. It is literally impossible and irresponsible to come to that conclusion unless you are straight up trolling for reactions, which is a likely motive.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Has Matt Moore ever led the Dolphins to a win over a team with a winning record?

Has Devlin? Not even in the preseason lmao.

has pat devlin ever played a snap against a team with a losing record?
No, know one knows how he will do without seeing him play, but I don't see how he can do worse than Moore's performance last year.
For me it's about dumping Moore, not promoting Devlin.
And who knows? Maybe the rookie comes in and outplays them both

Matt Moore is a solid back up who can keep a team rolling for a few games or hold the fort until a better QB comes along. A QB desperate team would love to have him.
I would call him a 1B quarterback. Good enough to help a team win some games, but not a long term player.
Last years Matt Moore was an aberration. He was put into the game after RT's injury and he was pummeled. No one could have handled that situation with that oline. I don't blame him.
He is better than most 2nd string QB's in the NFL and I am glad we have him.
Devlin plays well in practice, but from what I have saw of him in limited action in a few games is that he needs a couple of seasons to come of age against NFL defenses. He will never be a starter.
No one will have the patience to let him learn on the fly. Such is life as a late round QB.

You got this based on that? :lol2: Here's a fun fact for ya, if Devlin was the better QB, he'd be the back-up, not Moore, so that throws your whole "synopsis" out the window.

It would be completey laughable if we ever had to rely on Devlin for more than 1 or 2 regular season throws. Remember Ray Lucas.

Has Devlin? Not even in the preseason lmao.

He actually has in the preseason, but that's not my point.
I have just seen enough of Moore and I'm ready to move on to the next guy. If Devlin sucks again dump him too

He actually has in the preseason, but that's not my point.
I have just seen enough of Moore and I'm ready to move on to the next guy. If Devlin sucks again dump him too

I don't recall him ever leading the team to a W in the preseason. Not once. I could be wrong, but I'm confident without research that he hasn't just based off memory. I'm obviously not a fan of Moore's cap number, but that is the only downside to him remaining on the roster. He most likely doesn't have much trade value, or I trust he would be gone by now. 2014 will most likely be his last season in Miami unless he can't find a promising starting gig elsewhere, or returns at a much cheaper rate.

Why do people hate Matt Moore so much? The end of 2011 was the best offensive football the Dolphins have gotten in a long time and he was the QB yet everyone hates him. He's our backup QB and a good one I'd just like to keep him where he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall him ever leading the team to a W in the preseason. Not once. I could be wrong, but I'm confident without research that he hasn't just based off memory. I'm obviously not a fan of Moore's cap number, but that is the only downside to him remaining on the roster. He most likely doesn't have much trade value, or I trust he would be gone by now. 2014 will most likely be his last season in Miami unless he can't find a promising starting gig elsewhere, or returns at a much cheaper rate.

It was the last game of the preseason so you can't put much stock in it, but it happened

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013082903/2013/PRE4/saints@dolphins#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Back
Top Bottom