Did anyone else hear this? (RUMOR) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone else hear this? (RUMOR)

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hello all-
I hate to post this, considering it has to do with RW, but it is curious and I just want to confirm if anyone has heard it as well.
A buddy I teach with this heard this on sports radio yesterday, and came right to me with it. I hadn't heard this, and nobody posted it on here, so I don't know where it came from. But I think he listens to ESPN radio in the morning, so it's not a crap program. But anyway, it's only a rumor and I am only looking to see if anyone else heard it, I'm not trying to start the rumor, so please don't hang the messenger. But here it is: that Ricky Williams gave his agent permission to talk to Al Davis to seek a trade to the Raiders. The context of this was, as far as the announcers were talking, was could you imagine Randy Moss, Warren Sapp and Ricky Williams all on the same team. Poor Norv Turner.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had heard it.

Wouldnt surprise me, as he is $8.6 million in the hole and the rumor is that the Raiders would help repay some of the debt. I doubt it will happen, and if it did I wouldnt expect a high pick in return, but who the hell knows. Anything is possible with that guy.

Its been circulating for a while....What ever we can get for the pothead...Its so sickenning to see so much physical talent wasted do to lack of character, inmaturity, and drug addiction.

I got this far...

Did anyone else hear this? (RUMOR)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all-
I hate to post this, considering it has to do with RW, but it is curious and I just want to confirm if anyone has heard it as well.
A buddy I teach with this heard this on sports radio yesterday, and came right to me with it. I hadn't heard this, and nobody posted it on here, so I don't know where it came from. But I think he listens to ESPN radio in the morning, so it's not a crap program. But anyway, it's only a rumor and I am only looking to see if anyone else heard it, I'm not trying to start the rumor, so please don't hang the messenger. But here it is:

Then I gave up

I would take a 2005 2nd round pick and a 2006 1st round pick and that would do me justice

As long as they broker some type of deal that refunds those of us who bought his jersey!

yankeehillbilly said:
Miami still holds Ricky's exclusive rights. If Ricky's agent talked to the Raiders without the Dolphins expressed permission, would that not be considered tampering?

I doubt it very much

gannon? Why would u want gannon, I believe he is gonna retire.,....wouldnt want Woodson either.....just give us a couple picks.

Buddwalk said:
Give us all there first picks from 2006-2050 and then i'll be happy
Dude, Ditka's not coaching them!:D

Bopkin02 said:
Hello all-
A buddy I teach with this heard this on sports radio yesterday, and came right to me with it. I hadn't heard this, and nobody posted it on here, so I don't know where it came from. But I think he listens to ESPN radio in the morning, so it's not a crap program. But anyway, it's only a rumor and I am only looking to see if anyone else heard it, I'm not trying to start the rumor, so please don't hang the messenger. But here it is: that Ricky Williams gave his agent permission to talk to Al Davis to seek a trade to the Raiders. The context of this was, as far as the announcers were talking, was could you imagine Randy Moss, Warren Sapp and Ricky Williams all on the same team. Poor Norv Turner.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had heard it.

It's old news...PFT reported that Ricky had been looking for a home in the Bay area a week or two ago...(but then again, he is going to his holistic healing classes in that area too, so looking for a home in the area and football is not really big news). He has a long way to go if he wants to come back.
First, does he really want to and will he have the drive to come back. If he doesn't come back 100%, he will fail miserably at the pro level.

Second, how long will it take him to get physically ready to play...some reports have him at less than 200 lbs. To get back to his ideal playing weight he'd have to add about 30 lbs.

Third, there is the league issues. He would have to file for reinstatment and deal with the drug issues that led to his deciding to leave. Afterall, if you are the league and this guy has gone on nat'l tv to say that he is happy smoking pot and the league can shove their screening policy, I know I wouldn't be inclined to let him back very easily. He would have to say and do ALL the right things for a period of time before he would earn back any trust of teammates (not just Fins, but any other NFL players he might be playing with) and the trust of the front offices of teams.

Fourth, he would have to negotiate a settlement with the Fins, before they could reinstate him. That would, (and I am assuming that Saban does not really trust him to come back) require another team (Raiders, for example because of the NT connection) to negotiate with the Fins for financial and value compensation for his services.

Never is a long time, and I would not say that he will never come back, but he has to want to come back and follow the protocol of the NFL to get there. The opportunity is there IF he wants it. That is perhaps the biggest IF I have ever heard of in my days of following the NFL though.

Back
Top Bottom