Did anyone else hear this? (RUMOR)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bopkin02, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Bopkin02

Bopkin02 Seasoned Veteran

Hello all-
    I hate to post this, considering it has to do with RW, but it is curious and I just want to confirm if anyone has heard it as well.
    A buddy I teach with this heard this on sports radio yesterday, and came right to me with it. I hadn't heard this, and nobody posted it on here, so I don't know where it came from. But I think he listens to ESPN radio in the morning, so it's not a crap program. But anyway, it's only a rumor and I am only looking to see if anyone else heard it, I'm not trying to start the rumor, so please don't hang the messenger. But here it is: that Ricky Williams gave his agent permission to talk to Al Davis to seek a trade to the Raiders. The context of this was, as far as the announcers were talking, was could you imagine Randy Moss, Warren Sapp and Ricky Williams all on the same team. Poor Norv Turner.
    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had heard it.

2. popularwar

popularwar Perennial All-Pro

There was a thread about this a few days ago.

3. Surferosa

Surferosa Run to Daylight

Wouldnt surprise me, as he is $8.6 million in the hole and the rumor is that the Raiders would help repay some of the debt. I doubt it will happen, and if it did I wouldnt expect a high pick in return, but who the hell knows. Anything is possible with that guy.

4. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

Its been circulating for a while....What ever we can get for the pothead...Its so sickenning to see so much physical talent wasted do to lack of character, inmaturity, and drug addiction.

5. yankeehillbilly

yankeehillbilly FinHeaven VIP

Miami still holds Ricky's exclusive rights. If Ricky's agent talked to the Raiders without the Dolphins expressed permission, would that not be considered tampering?

6. Danny1339

Danny1339 Well-Known Member

I got this far...

Did anyone else hear this? (RUMOR)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all-
    I hate to post this, considering it has to do with RW, but it is curious and I just want to confirm if anyone has heard it as well.
    A buddy I teach with this heard this on sports radio yesterday, and came right to me with it. I hadn't heard this, and nobody posted it on here, so I don't know where it came from. But I think he listens to ESPN radio in the morning, so it's not a crap program. But anyway, it's only a rumor and I am only looking to see if anyone else heard it, I'm not trying to start the rumor, so please don't hang the messenger. But here it is:

Then I gave up

7. Buddwalk

Buddwalk The Jukebox Hero

I would take a 2005 2nd round pick and a 2006 1st round pick and that would do me justice

8. BALLS DEEP

BALLS DEEP Guess Who's Back.

As long as they broker some type of deal that refunds those of us who bought his jersey!

9. Canadian DolFan

Canadian DolFan $BiG PimpiN$

Give us woodson and mabey we will talk. or even gannon..

10. eddie4fins

eddie4fins Pro Bowler

I doubt it very much

11. YoMamma

YoMamma Well-Known Member

gannon? Why would u want gannon, I believe he is gonna retire.,....wouldnt want Woodson either.....just give us a couple picks.

12. Buddwalk

Give us all there first picks from 2006-2050 and then i'll be happy

13. gofins

gofins another MD finfan

Dude, Ditka's not coaching them!:D

14. LarryFinFan

LarryFinFan Left So Fla, never the Fins...

It's old news...PFT reported that Ricky had been looking for a home in the Bay area a week or two ago...(but then again, he is going to his holistic healing classes in that area too, so looking for a home in the area and football is not really big news). He has a long way to go if he wants to come back.
    First, does he really want to and will he have the drive to come back. If he doesn't come back 100%, he will fail miserably at the pro level.

Second, how long will it take him to get physically ready to play...some reports have him at less than 200 lbs. To get back to his ideal playing weight he'd have to add about 30 lbs.

Third, there is the league issues. He would have to file for reinstatment and deal with the drug issues that led to his deciding to leave. Afterall, if you are the league and this guy has gone on nat'l tv to say that he is happy smoking pot and the league can shove their screening policy, I know I wouldn't be inclined to let him back very easily. He would have to say and do ALL the right things for a period of time before he would earn back any trust of teammates (not just Fins, but any other NFL players he might be playing with) and the trust of the front offices of teams.

Fourth, he would have to negotiate a settlement with the Fins, before they could reinstate him. That would, (and I am assuming that Saban does not really trust him to come back) require another team (Raiders, for example because of the NT connection) to negotiate with the Fins for financial and value compensation for his services.

Never is a long time, and I would not say that he will never come back, but he has to want to come back and follow the protocol of the NFL to get there. The opportunity is there IF he wants it. That is perhaps the biggest IF I have ever heard of in my days of following the NFL though.

15. Buddwalk

al davis still owns them however
    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

16. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic FinHeaven VIP

You people need to get over it and think about our team, not RW. Think about it, if we can even get a 3rd or 4th rounder, we not only get a potential starter if Saban drafts well, but we screw over the Raiders. Ricky Williams will keep smoking the wacky weed and when he does, he ruin another team that is depending upon him. Another AFC teams loss is our gain.

17. ahmajokester

ahmajokester Scout Team

Ricky Williams.... The Anti-Drug

No, seriously. Anyone notice one of the 1st things Saban said when he was brought here was that he wouldn't object to Ricky coming back to play for us? I think that was an excellent move. If he had come out and said, "No, we don't want a cancer like that playing on this team." he would have removed any leverage we'd have in a trade with other teams. They would know that he was worthless to us and wouldn't offer us much.

Ricky has talent and we should get something for him. He is obviously considering playing (probably for financial reasons) or he wouldn't have given his agent permission to speak to Al Davis about a trade. BUT, he is too scared to come back and play for us. He'd probably get his arse kicked every other day in the locker room.

My point is just it was a smart move by Saban to say that he wouldn't mind Ricky playing for us. Now he can tell teams like Oakland with a straight face, "If a 4th rounder is all you can offer for him, than No Thanks. We will retain the rights to him and he can find some other way to pay us the 9 million he owes us or he can play for us."

18. Philter25

Philter25 MORE COWBELL!!!

:roflmao:

Thats not gonna happen. I can see a 6th round pick that can be a CONDITIONAL higher pick if he doesnt retire and performance incentives met.

19. mario88vega

mario88vega Starter

Ricky is burned out, but the only team that we all know is dumb enough to take him are the raiders, so i have some hope that this does happen, and we get something for RW, Poor Norv.

20. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

I heard a conversation on sports center that Ricky would like to go to Oakland, but he dosen't hold any leverage. Can you Imagine the egos on that team LOL.