Did Jerry Let A Great HC Get Away?? - Cowboys Forum | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Jerry Let A Great HC Get Away?? - Cowboys Forum

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
6 pg. discussion and the consensus seems to be a begrudging "YES"

Instead, Sparano was stripped of his play-calling duties last season, although he had a lot of input in the game plans. The Cowboys clearly miss that input, and it's probably not a coincidence that the offensive line play has dropped significantly since the Dolphins hired Sparano. Jerry certainly didn't make anywhere near the effort to keep Sparano after last season as he did with Jason Garrett, who became the highest-paid assistant coach in NFL history.

Parcells' culture of discipline that Parcells created would have continued under Sparano. However, he still would have been a breath of fresh air for players who tired of the Tuna's voice.
Sparano had already built a good relationship with several key players -- based on respect, not letting them relax. The Cowboys could use a coach like that.

And, yes, in hindsight Sparano rocks, but he's not coming back, so that, too, is a pipe dream.

In one offseason the Dolphins under Sparano have increased their win total by 400% and have increased their legitimacy as an NFL team by 10,000%.

In one offseason since Sparano's departure, the Dallas Cowboys have....

That's actually a pretty good point. Who knows how it would work out here. Let me just say however, from a completely shallow and unfounded position, that I would much rather see Sparano prowling our sidelines on Sunday than Phillips dundering around our sidelines on Sunday.

Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody thought Sparano was really all that at the time. And the Dolphins aren't exactly world beaters. Would anyone be surprised if they don't make the playoffs? Yeah, I know, expectations, blah, blah, blah. It's too soon to make Sparano out as some kind of genius who will be great for years to come. It's also too early to write the Cowboys off as everyone has. It will be that much sweeter when we get it together and turn this season around.

Rebuttal:
actually Sparano has been called one of the brightest young assistants for awhile now

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135498

We're not giving him back!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboys loss,Dolphins gain,and you're right Vaark,we're not giving him back...

if you listen to most analysts, they are saying that the loss of Sparano and the assistants he brought over has killed the Cowboys. Said that all 5 coaches that left were tough on the players, but everybody loved them all.

I actually remember hearing guys like Witten and Adams saying they really did not want Sparano to leave and a lot of secondary guys hated seeing Bowles leave them as well.

Wade's new staff is just too soft

One of my best friends is a big cowboys fan and once we picked Sparano up he said it was the biggest mistake the Cowboys could have made. He kept saying watch and see.... We'll I'm watching and seeing that he was right.

Hate to be the one to play devils advocate here but lets not crown him the next Shula jus yet. There have been a lot of coaches who come to a team and turn them around from horrible to average in a year. Most of those coaches are then only average for the next 2-5, and more than not get the axe in 2-3. Don't get me wrong, I love TS as much as anyone. I didn't know what we were getting but wasn't expecting much, but I was totally wrong. He has been everything I could have dreamed for.
All I am saying is in a year from now we could get a few injuries and start off 09 0-4 and 90% of the post on this board would be begging for his head on a stick.
Look around, Man-dumbarse up there for the gliders was the best hot thing, now he can't win with more talent than most of the teams in the league, the 9ers guy was all that now he is done, Del Rio was awesome and now there are rumors about his demise, herm was gonna quickly turn that mess around....nope. Just don't crown him king just yet. For every Billichek there are 20 one year wonders. There were even those who wanted Fisher gone two years ago.
Just look more at the attitude of the team than the results to decide the ability of the coach. I love the attitude of this team but lets see where it is in a year or two.

dude, this guy won an emmy, of course hes going to be freaking awesome!

i love the cowboys cause my dad and brother are huge fans, i root for them but im especially glad we got this guy. I could tell by the way he talks that he was going to be an excellent coach. And vaark you never disapoint.

Great find Vaark! Good to see Cowboy fans dissapointed about losing Sparano, considering how much I hate the Boys :up:

Thier tears taste like sweet candy.

cartman_tears-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom