Did some research. We can get as high as the 14th pick, and no lower than 17th pick. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did some research. We can get as high as the 14th pick, and no lower than 17th pick.

Johnstone

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I did 2 hours of research and scenarios and this what I came up with.

Looks like we are going to picking between the 14-17, in the draft, win or lose. No higher or lower. For tiebreakers in the draft, it's all about strength of schedule. Luckily, we beat out most teams, on that. A 3 pick difference, isn't that much, I guess. The Jets and Tampa Bay, pick ahead of us, no matter what happens.

Wow thats a terrible pick lol we better get a wr in free agency, the best receiver will definitely be gone by 14

Wow thats a terrible pick lol we better get a wr in free agency, the best receiver will definitely be gone by 14
The top wrs in this draft dont scream elite. At this spot. A top CB or passrusher MAY still be available. This may also be a position for Ireland to take a WR like hunter Allen or Patterson or even long's replacement -_-

Thanks for doing the work.

Where wideouts go in the draft will be dictated by their performance at the combine, as is usually the case.

The top wrs in this draft dont scream elite. At this spot. A top CB or passrusher MAY still be available. This may also be a position for Ireland to take a WR like hunter Allen or Patterson or even long's replacement -_-

Thanks for doing the work.
There are no true top corners in this draft. The top CB is Dee Milliner and in a normal year this is the range he should go. He'll most likely go higher because this draft is void of a true top talent. I'd pass on a CB in round 1. Take one in round 2 when you have two picks and the talent hasn't dropped off that much

If the juniors come out in force there will be an extreme depth at WR in the 2nd round with quality also in the 3rd. For this reason wouldn't be surprised to see the top WR's slide. By contrast, OT and TE are thin and probably will go higher than they should, especially OT. Lots of teams desperately need an OT but this is a bad year with no depth at the position.

We may get an offer to trade down from a team desperately seeking one of the last decent LT prospects. If we do, I'd seriously consider it, because most of the prospects that best fit the Dolphins needs are in that range, including top TE's and some of the top WR'S.

Of course that win yesterday which didn't really mean anything as far as playoffs goes hurt our draft position. If we draft 17 then the top DE's will be gone. Is this the year to draft a TE in round 1? A lot depends on what we do in free agency I guess.

Ozzy rules!!

Queue the whiners complaining about us winning "meaningless" games.. Ugh.

There is still alot of talent in the first rounds of most drafts for us to be ok.... I would be glad with a WR,TE,CB or pass rusher.... Please no OL with the first round pick. The TE from ND would be a great pick in this range if he declares.

I'd be Ok with not going wide reciever in the First. If we pick up a solid wide out in Free Agency, then we would have a good core of recievers: Bess, Hartline, Mathews, Binn, FA. Then draft a good talented receiver in the 3rd. I would prefer to pick up a right tackle in free agency and draft a solid CB or 2 early in the draft. Mix in a TE and a LB and we have rebuild the team. I would prefer to keep Bush, Starks, Smith (as a 3rd best CB on the team; his pay should reflect that which is probably unrealistic in terms of keeping him), Hartline.

well that takes the dolphins out of the mix for one of the 3 premier pass rushers like Bjoern Werner , etc. And out of the mix for a Ray Lewis type impact guy like Manti Teo.

And out of the upper tier of picks for EACH ROUND.

Great job. The stench of mediocrity continues...

Best case scenario millner or one of the pass rushers.. preferably werner is available. I wouldnt spend a 1st round pick on a wr unless we trade down.

I expect them to draft for value just as they did last year. This is not a draft with a lot of elite type talent so the difference is negligible from 14-17. I wouldn't be surprised if they try and trade down unless there is a position they feel good about at their pick.

not to sound like a dick but knowing full well that I will, doesn't bother me. We're gonna be in the area where all the talent that I want will more than likely be there. Probably miss out on Werner and Moore, but the DE class is so deep that it's not that big of a concern. Same with the CBs, most of them are gonna be 2nd rounders.

Back
Top Bottom