Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake?

Ultimately results will define how bad or good of a deal this was.

People gladly took a 2nd for Welker and years later act like It was the worst trade in NFL history.

Trading Wes Welker ended up being one, but that's mostly because we traded him in the division to the damn Patriots who turned him into a HOF candidate. I don't see Jarvis biting us like that, but it still sucks to trade away one of the best drafted players we've developed in decades. For compensation that will most likely end up nowhere near his value...

Obviously no. Smartest thing this franchise has done in years is not to severely over-pay that emotive little man. Andnow perhaps even more firepower to move up, if needed, to replace the numpty that would have been throwing to him. Clean the rot out.

well whatever chip he had on his shoulder just got a hell of a lot bigger

By default this means we will see more of Carroo and Grant, which I am looking forward to.

People forget that we’ve been at the bottom of the league in offense for years now. I’m not downplaying Landry or what he brought to the table, but he was on those offenses.

Hell the fact that we got two picks in return is pretty surprising. He priced himself off this team and our return could have very easily been a high round compensation pick. I’m not happy about him leaving but I think we made the best out of a difficult situation. So no, not a franchise mistake IMO.

Back
Top Bottom