Did the light go on for Harris last night? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the light go on for Harris last night?

I should say I didn't underestimate what 4.8 means in pursuit I know what that means I meant that I expected harris production on the qb to come in a 10 yard box cause I expected his first step to translate so much. He just hasn't won cleanly enough or discarded blocks either. I have no doubts he's thinking he's being chipped for the first time etc but still he has to win. He's here to sack qb not for any other reason. If he doesn't this pick bust top 25.

I'm fully aware of that and while that spin move may be a counter to what the tackle shows post snap he's been very few and far between in its use to date.

As a sub rusher I don't want you to think about a damn thing other than get to the qb. Cause if you don't your stay in Miami will be short Charles. They didn't draft you for any other reason.

That's also a problem; if the Fins drafted him 22 to use only on pass rushing packages which I'm not against because pass rushing skills are a premium right now but if your going to draft a one trick pony, he has to be elite at it, and Harris has never shown that type of skill on film, his explosion looks more 33 than 37, definitely looks like a 4.8 guy(actually he looks slower considering terrell Suggs was a 4.8 guy) and we already know he's very stiff with pad level/leverage issues.

Yes he did. He had one good bull rush vs the starting right tackle and got his *** handed to him by Trent williams.

His production came against the 2 deep right tackle

Trent Williams slapped him in the head a couple times and about knocked him off his feet.

I know. I'm watching it now.

Just calling you out on that hilarious PM threat that you had me on ignore.

giphy.gif

And who doesn't get handled by Williams? He's a top tier LT.

Yes he did. He had one good bull rush vs the starting right tackle and got his *** handed to him by Trent williams.

His production came against the 2 deep right tackle

Trent Williams slapped him in the head a couple times and about knocked him off his feet.
He led all rookies in Sacks did you evaluate the other 3 games as well ?

I know. I'm watching it now.

Just checking on that hilarious DM threat that you had me on ignore.

giphy.gif

And who doesn't get handled by Williams? He's a top tier LT.

If you watch how he got the majority of his sack ( Athleticism) you should know thats not working on the best Tackle in the game.

It always amuses me when people act like the draft is an exact science. If Charles Harris is non effective still by the end of next season, than congrats, you called it!

He led all rookies in Sacks did you evaluate the other 3 games as well ?

Chase Allen lead all preseason tacklers you think I'm looking at him as my 10 year starter at mike?

Seriously I don't give a rip about anyone's production unless it comes vs guys that play on Sunday's.

Cinci is super deep on the dline deeper than Miami even. No argument but if you get your ass kicked vs 1s just like Charles Harris did there needs to be some context taken and not fluff gifs etc.

You hear me in here lamenting taco charlton despite him being a obvious to the evaluator 2 year project at de? Nope cause his sack production has come vs 2s.

Charles Harris I would bet has taken more snaps vs 1s this preseason than any rookie 43 de not named Myles garrett. They haven't been weening him in.

I do have you on ignore and my life's a lot better because of it. You earned it so whatever.

I guess my ears were burning.

Chase Allen lead all preseason tacklers you think I'm looking at him as my 10 year starter at mike?

Seriously I don't give a rip about anyone's production unless it comes vs guys that play on Sunday's.

Cinci is super deep on the dline deeper than Miami even. No argument but if you get your *** kicked vs 1s just like Charles Harris did there needs to be some context taken and not fluff gifs etc.

You hear me in here lamenting taco charlton despite him being a obvious to the evaluator 2 year project at de? Nope cause his sack production has come vs 2s.

Charles Harris I would bet has taken more snaps vs 1s this preseason than any rookie 43 de not named Myles garrett. They haven't been weening him in.

Harris may have had a decent amount of reps vs the 1's but anything learned there didn't show up last night as he got owned by back up LT Rashod Hill.

I do have you on ignore and my life's a lot better because of it. You earned it so whatever.

I guess my ears were burning.

Sorry not sorry I pointed out some weaknesses in Tannehill.

so...... anyways....

we should change this trash defensive scheme. I think we can all agree on that

:)

I don't know that that's the case personally. You think scheme would offset our lb situation if we lost kiko or Timmons with what we have in house? Hell no it wouldnt.

I do think the scheme taxes the lb level though more than it could or should.

And I find it odd that Miami seems hell bent on 2 strong safety types as it's starting safeties. Signing tj McDonald to starter money extension says as much unless they have a lb package plan for him.

Why isn't there room for a center fielder type safety? Of the in house options Maurice smith probably fits that role the best.

Cinci is super deep on the dline deeper than Miami even. No argument but if you get your *** kicked vs 1s just like Charles Harris did there needs to be some context taken and not fluff gifs etc.

I told you during the draft process Charlton doesn't have any business being in the first round, Mckinley has surprised with his production as far as pressure goes but I'm not sold on him either, Tyrus Bowser has impressed another athletic player we could of had.

I don't know that that's the case personally. You think scheme would offset our lb situation if we lost kiko or Timmons with what we have in house? Hell no it wouldnt.

I do think the scheme taxes the lb level though more than it could or should.

And I find it odd that Miami seems hell bent on 2 strong safety types as it's starting safeties. Signing tj McDonald to starter money extension says as much unless they have a lb package plan for him.

Why isn't there room for a center fielder type safety? Of the in house options Maurice smith probably fits that role the best.

I don't think changing our scheme suddenly would fix everything, but it would help, like Sons has talked about. We need more talent. and it seems to me like this "SS x2" type thing we have been doing has been here awhile... recently just back to Delmas then IAQ. Even Allen isn't quite a true fs....

I basically yearn to have seattle's defense... good players and a good scheme, but dont we all want that. Add in a true MLB (hopefully raekwon can be), a true, centerfielding FS, and then some more pieces, pass rusher, sam, dt, and we would be in business for the future

Back
Top Bottom