Different news on OGUN. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Different news on OGUN.

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
The West Palm Beach Post is reporting that the Dolphins aren't interested in trading Adewale Ogunleye and will attempt to hammer out a deal. Ogunleye wants a long-term commitment from the team or else he will not report to training camp. Washington has reportedly offered a first-round pick for the defensive end, who led the Dolphins in sacks with 15 last season.

Everyone was saying that the Dolphins were done negotiating with OGUN but now they arent interested in trading and will make a deal?? :shakeno:

ryyyan24 said:
The West Palm Beach Post is reporting that the Dolphins aren't interested in trading Adewale Ogunleye and will attempt to hammer out a deal. Ogunleye wants a long-term commitment from the team or else he will not report to training camp. Washington has reportedly offered a first-round pick for the defensive end, who led the Dolphins in sacks with 15 last season.

Everyone was saying that the Dolphins were done negotiating with OGUN but now they arent interested in trading and will make a deal?? :shakeno:

I think they are keeping all of their options open. BTW, it's the Palm Beach Post, not West Palm Beach. I'm in a nit-picking mood.

ryyyan24 said:

Nobody reliable said that negotiations had broken off. I said early on that these negotiations would be slow. More contract offers will be exchanged, but there will be time gaps while offers are drawn up and reviewed. During these gaps the PFTs of the world will claim negotiations are stalled, broken off, etc. Teams will periodically inquire about Ogun's availability and rumors will escalate. In the end, nothing has changed. Negotiations are proceeding normally and the most likely outcome is still that Ogun will be a Dolphin.

I love wally but am concerned about the financials behind this deal. If we get something done for him does this mean we sacrifice some contract options for McMike or worse even CC? That would be horrific. DEs are a bit easier to find than top WRs especially if we get a first rounder from Wash. I cant see them doing well enough next year to make that pick a late first rounder especially in that division.

Back
Top Bottom