Dion Jordan Press conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Jordan Press conference

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is quite old but I never seen this posted on here or mentioned anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NPGu-EKP7o

its Jordans post draft interview, he talks about the interest from the Dolphins etc. Jordan hasn't been around much due to his university's system and while this is old as we haven't really heard from him since I thought it was interesting.

Maybe this was posted long ago but I don't remember ever seeing it.

I can't shake an unsettled feeling I get when I see him talk. Hope I am wrong, but I don't think we will get a lot of production out of him for a few years. If we could some how get 5+ sacks out of him this year I would be VERY pleased. But I WILL be pulling hard for him.

*They're talking about going after Brady*

*In the background*
"Mark Sanchez is an easier target though"

:lol2:

At least here he doesn't look nearly as stoned as other interviews.

I can't shake an unsettled feeling I get when I see him talk. Hope I am wrong, but I don't think we will get a lot of production out of him for a few years. If we could some how get 5+ sacks out of him this year I would be VERY pleased. But I WILL be pulling hard for him.

I know what you mean but I think he was more shocked than anything. I think he was mentally prepared for Philly, and probably had been for a while.

With Odrick Soliai and Starks you have the luxury of playing him at LB this year with a combination of Wheeler Ellerbe and Misi. The guy will be all over the place, covering tight ends, receivers, blitzing..add to that his physical style of play (if not an overly powerful player) and you'd be hard pressed to imagine him not making a contribution.

The guy ran a 4.6 at 6'7". We are talking Lebron James speed...

With Odrick Soliai and Starks you have the luxury of playing him at LB this year with a combination of Wheeler Ellerbe and Misi. The guy will be all over the place, covering tight ends, receivers, blitzing..add to that his physical style of play (if not an overly powerful player) and you'd be hard pressed to imagine him not making a contribution.

The guy ran a 4.6 at 6'7". We are talking Lebron James speed...

Hope you are correct. When I watch tapes of him instead of highlights, I just don't see the motor. I think he can become a matchup nightmare, for OCs to try and figure out, but I really don't think you will see a lot of that this year. Maybe not much next year either. Again, I hope I am wrong, the kids has tons of talent, but I am struggling to see the heart.

Just look at his closing speed. That is what stood out to me right away. I have never seen defensive highlights where a player closed on someone like that. Its like he is eight yards away and then BAM, he is already on the ground with someone underneath him. Its hard to explain with words but just watch it. Its like a glitch in madden where his hit stick has a range of 8 yards. It's very strange. He doesn't look overly fast in his highlights until he is locked on to someone and then there is just this explosion. I do believe he is still raw though and we may not be too impressed until year 2 or 3. I'm already anticipating the 10485749 number of threads saying what a bust he is.

he's as good an explosion and move athlete as we have on the roster...highest ceiling player also...but very raw...make him a situational rusher in year one opposite wake while he adds good weight...needs to get much stronger and put on weight before you ever make him an every down player at that height...248 on a 6 ft 6 plus de means he's gonna get moved out a lot...don't waste him at lb you want those edge rush tools hunting the qb on passing downs...his speed off the corner and length will have tackles attention...

needs to be 265 lbs in 2 years...then you will have an every down player...

Back
Top Bottom