Dion jordan?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion jordan??

Awesome move. Gives us a ton of defensive versatility and pass rushers are the 2nd most important position on the field in today's NFL.

Great pick! Tom Brady is somewhere seeing this pick saying, "Awww F#*k!"

Great job Jeff!

DE was not a need! It was a luxury pick.

Um what? Oliver Vernon has proved nothing and Odrick belongs at DT in a 4-3. DE was a huge need and pass rushers are the most important position on defense.

What? DE is never a luxury pick, and we werent getting enough pressure anyway

We have Vernon, and I think Ireland was afraid he wouldn't make it past 12 with Kelly picking him up at #4. Panic move...
But, I can't complain, if he pans out then fine with me.

How in the world can people hate this pick? They got the best pash rusher in the draft(compared to Jason Taylor), bookend him with Cameron Wake and the defensive line is scary good. Ireland swung for the fences and hit a home run with this pick.

I don't agree that he's the best pass rusher in the draft. I think his best asset is athleticism and ability to cover.....not rush the passer. He wasn't a great pass rusher at Oregon.

WOW, great pick. We will be having a meet at the QB party alot this year.

This is the correct philosophy anyway, taking a swing at a great player. You can sit there for years relying on mid round guys and you'll never get anywhere. That's why I think Philbin influenced this move. Ireland has always been content to overstate his later picks. Philbin won't be fooled.

Oregon defenders are difficult to evaluate. They terrorize you on offense, forcing the opponents' offense to panic and press. Last year we drafted Kaddu, another skinny Oregon guy who often looked great on the attack.

I have a sense it might take Jordan a while to bloom. He'll make plays here and there but often be easily trapped or redirected. Not nearly the functional strength of Wake.

Yesterday I watched a draft preview on CSS. Ron Zook was skeptical of Jordan, saying he only played 42% of Oregon's defensive snaps, and was virtually never on the field in the red zone.

My main problem with this pick is one premier guy is not enough. I was hoping we'd take our best shot at 12, then package 42 and 54 to move within the first round, or wherever it could take us. If all we do is name Jordan, then trade the 54 for a known unspectacular player in Albert, and otherwise rely on 3rd rounders and lower, it's not an optimum investment of all our resources, IMO.

All the retards come out to complain in full force twice a year: the first 48 after FA starts and then the draft! Great aggressiveness by this management, addressed a major need and did it with the best defensive player in the draft! Think how awesome this offseason has been, can't wait til the Browns game, which pick plays bigger role , Jordan or Mingo? Will be fun! #finsnation!

Ireland did good. He fleeced Oakland.

Take a look at what Saint Louis gave up for #8 and compare what we gave up for #3. Ireland pimpslapped the Raiders, and we got the best pass rusher and a top ten talent.

I'm freaking ecstatic.

Back
Top Bottom