Disappointing Seasons Continue To Mount For The Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disappointing Seasons Continue To Mount For The Miami Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Out of all the things that was wrong with this team, this had to be the most disappointing. Nothing sinks a season more than a lack of attention to detail and the many distractions we had this season. The penalties and TOs were grating on my soul.
But a major roster upgraded is needed. Here are things to know as the Dolphins begin another long offseason:
UNDISCIPLINED: Under Gase, the Dolphins have committed more penalties than any other team in the past two seasons, and there were other reasons to wonder about discipline.
Linebacker Lawrence Timmons went AWOL on the eve of the opener, was briefly suspended and returned to have a poor season. Offensive line coach Chris Foerster resigned in October after a video on social media appeared to show him snorting lines of white powder. Linebacker Rey Maualuga was released the day before a game following a morning incident at a nightclub. Landry and running back Kenyan Drake were ejected from the season finale for their roles in an embarrassing brawl with the Bills.

Long snapper John Denney summed up his 13th season with the Dolphins: “It was pretty abnormal — a lot of things going on.”
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/01/02/disappointing-seasons-mount-miami-dolphins/?

In my opinion, at least so far, Gase is simply a petulant child offensive coordinator pretending to be a head coach and he has a lot of growing up to do. Some of our issues;

Discipline:

Pre snap penalties, players doing there own thing on the field, going AWOL, coaches doing drugs in the facility.

Preparedness:

The team seemingly unprepared game after game, lack of half time adjustments. Absurd number of 3 and outs, in 2016 28% of our drives were 3 and out. I can only imagine what it was in 2017 not to mention to start the second half.

Personnel:

He must be kept away from personnel decisions at all costs; Thomas, Cutler, Bushrod are just some of his calls. He doesn’t deserve any credit for Drake either because if Williams didn’t get hurt Drake never sees the field!

Ego:

Blaming others for problems. That onside kick vs Denver was a perfect example of an out of control ego. Some say he wanted to stick it to Elway but all he did was to let a team that was beaten and broken get great field position and potentially get back into the game! Thank goodness Denver was completely inept.

Now obviously I am not a fan of Gase but the QB play was so putrid that even I think he gets a pass this season but the other issues all fall at his feet.

He is young and learning on the job and hopefully he has been humbled this season and starts acting like a head coach soon.

In my opinion, at least so far, Gase is simply a petulant child offensive coordinator pretending to be a head coach and he has a lot of growing up to do. Some of our issues;

Discipline:

Pre snap penalties, players doing there own thing on the field, going AWOL, coaches doing drugs in the facility.

Preparedness:

The team seemingly unprepared game after game, lack of half time adjustments. Absurd number of 3 and outs, in 2016 28% of our drives were 3 and out. I can only imagine what it was in 2017 not to mention to start the second half.

Personnel:

He must be kept away from personnel decisions at all costs; Thomas, Cutler, Bushrod are just some of his calls. He doesn’t deserve any credit for Drake either because if Williams didn’t get hurt Drake never sees the field!

Ego:

Blaming others for problems. That onside kick vs Denver was a perfect example of an out of control ego. Some say he wanted to stick it to Elway but all he did was to let a team that was beaten and broken get great field position and potentially get back into the game! Thank goodness Denver was completely inept.

Now obviously I am not a fan of Gase but the QB play was so putrid that even I think he gets a pass this season but the other issues all fall at his feet.

He is young and learning on the job and hopefully he has been humbled this season and starts acting like a head coach soon.

Agreed!

I agree with everything except Drake's involvement in the brawl....he was defending his self.

There was a lot of BS penalties called on Miami this year, more than I can remember.

But the presnap stuff is was sub NFL level and that needs to be corrected. I don't mind you DLine trying to get a jump on the snap count and occasionally jumping offsides, but I mean it felt like it happened 3 or 4 times a game, for 16 games. Combine that with the amount of false starts . . . it is unacceptable.

The Brawl, I just think frustrations set in and the Bills were likely talking a bunch of crap all game and Landry got fired up. He's a great player, there is no turning off that emotion, you live with it and you hope it sparks your team in positive ways in 2018.

Between the hurricane, the QB going down and the coke coach . . . I completely understand where Denney is coming from. This season probably out did bullygate. He has seen it all lol

I read that. Very straight forward to see. It will interesting to see how Gase changes all this.

That is the question moving forward. Can he make the necessary changes? I think finding the right offensive line coach will help. There were too many penalties on offensive lineman and players not playing to their potential like Laremy Tunsil.

Maybe he can pull a Don Shula and invite officials during some practices. Not sure that can even happen anymore, but there's no question the team needs to be much more disciplined and make fewer mistakes.

As far as the o-line penalties......having a Center that actually practice with the rest of the guys would go a long way. Maybe they could all be on the same page!!

Ozzy rules!!

Discipline:

Preparedness:

Personnel:

Ego:

Didn’t we recover the onsides kick vs Denver?

If you go to the games regularly you should have your head checked, unless you are just loaded and love losing.

Last game I went to was actually when the jags beat us in Jacksonville.

Would rather watch us lose from my living room or a bar now.

Another useless article no one needs to read.

Didn't we have a pretty good season in 2016? Didn't we lose our starting qb 4 weeks before the season started?

Stupid.

Its not 2001 anymore. The heral, pbp and SS aren't worthy of having their articles posted o finheaven anymore.

If their writers want to share their opinions here let them join.

Discipline:

Preparedness:

Personnel:

Ego:

I agree with a lot of this but I don't think it's necessarily negative. Last thing I want is someone completely normal and predictable, the blase type where you know exactly what he'll say to any question and how he'll respond to any situation.

That guy is overmatched and won't take us anywhere.

Gase is a gamble. I'm fine with that. As I posted a week or so ago, there must be a reason he's so arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom