Dl coach Terrell Williams fired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dl coach Terrell Williams fired

Aside from our obvious poor lb play i swear i would curse the lack of pressure on the third and longs where our blitz or shear pressure would fail miserably and the subsequent first down would occur. No team gets far with a failed rush and qb pressure. It was like the rushers hit a wall.

So he was fired or not retained? If his contract was up he was not fired.

But let's still complain about where his replacement may come from. A good coach is a good coach.

I don't think the Bengal's defense has ever been bad since they got Lewis and many of his assistants are now successful HCs or coordinators.

Now if they just hadn't hung their hopes on Dalton all these years they would have done better.

Tough to evaluate this firing.

We've seen multiple DL develop tremendously while he's been here. Phillips, Godchaux, Taylor, and I feel like Harris also showed fundamental improvement throughout the season.
Godchaux was balling from the day he got here, Williams really did nothing to help him. Phillips took longer to develop that he should have. I can honestly say that if Kacy Rodgers were still our D-line coach Phillips would be better than he is now.

I'm also amazingly shocked how clueless our D-line is when it comes to defending the screen plays. Every time it happens it looks as though they've never seen that play run before.

Godchaux was balling from the day he got here, Williams really did nothing to help him. Phillips took longer to develop that he should have. I can honestly say that if Kacy Rodgers were still our D-line coach Phillips would be better than he is now.

I'm also amazingly shocked how clueless our D-line is when it comes to defending the screen plays. Every time it happens it looks as though they've never seen that play run before.

Interesting that you mention that. Our scheme relies heavily on DEs to make plays on the flats since the OLBs take on man on TEs and our MLB is too far away from the action.

I'm sure they already have his replacement and just need to make it official. Whoever is should do better

Ozzy rules!!

They've already got his replacement signed and sealed..now to be delivered. Even the morons in the FO arent stupid enough to sanction the firing of an Okay coach leaving them with a bare cupboard.

I know the rookies had some success this year, but im honestly quite surprised by some of the thoughts in this thread.

I have felt quite disappointed by the standard of our DL (supposedly one of our most talented units) play for the last several years - both against the run and passrushing. I thought Kacy Rodgers was badly missed.

Perhaps I am in the minority on this one! Im wrong a lot!

They've already got his replacement signed and sealed..now to be delivered. Even the morons in the FO arent stupid enough to sanction the firing of an Okay coach leaving them with a bare cupboard.
Are you thinking they do, or do you something?

The secondary needs help up front. The more pressure we get up front the better the back end will be along with more turn overs from the pressure the opposing QB is under.

Not a fan of Williams to begin with. Like others have mentioned we have not had a good pass rush since he has been here, and the entire DL has had issues with penalties (namely offsides) with him as coach.

Name to watch is Kris Kocurek from Detroit. Was The DL coach there since 2009 and is well respected and liked by Suh but is also known for developing players

I know the rookies had some success this year, but im honestly quite surprised by some of the thoughts in this thread.

I have felt quite disappointed by the standard of our DL (supposedly one of our most talented units) play for the last several years - both against the run and passrushing. I thought Kacy Rodgers was badly missed.

Perhaps I am in the minority on this one! Im wrong a lot!

I agree.

Not a fan of Williams to begin with. Like others have mentioned we have not had a good pass rush since he has been here, and the entire DL has had issues with penalties (namely offsides) with him as coach.

Name to watch is Kris Kocurek from Detroit. Was The DL coach there since 2009 and is well respected and liked by Suh but is also known for developing players

Thanks for the info. Good to know a name. No one had thought of a name.

Back
Top Bottom