Do "Suck 4 Luck" fans literally root against Miami during the games?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by normaldude, Oct 8, 2011.

1. normaldude

normaldude Starter

I've been a Miami Dolphin fan for nearly 30 years, and I can't imagine ever cheering for my team to lose.

Do "Suck 4 Luck" fans literally root against Miami during the games?

2. Cali Finfan

Cali Finfan A True Fan

It would be pathetic if they did....

3. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

Fans who root for Miami to lose have probably never done anything competitive in their lives. They don't have a competitive nature and that's the only way I can explain anyone rooting against their own team.

4. ruddyone

ruddyone Scout Team

I'm hoping the team steps it up with a new QB and we make the play-offs.

5. ph0enyx

ph0enyx Well-Known Member

I root for the team to win and hope they can, but if we do lose it doesn't feel as bad as in past years knowing that at least we might get a good quarterback out of it.

6. natetherock

natetherock Well-Known Member

This is too true.

7. Adam First

Adam First Don't Hate Miami Finheaven VIP Donator

Remember when we were going to merge all the Luck threads into one big thread

that was a cool idea right

8. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Banned Hammered

Yes I openly root for them to lose... and lose big.

In fact, I was actually "worried" when they almost won against Cleveland.

9. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

Ya know, there's a particular Lucksucker who continually takes the opposite talking point (as recently as today) that Root2Win'ers aren't successful since they can't look long-term. Frankly, personally I can shoot that empty BS stereotype full of holes, but the point is, to generalize about either side of the argument does a lot of well-meaning folks a disservice.

Me, I taught my kid to compete until there's no competing left; not to depend on others or favorable possibilities outside their control to help them out, that where there's life there's hope and losing with effort and honor builds more backbone than being a quitter. You ingrain a winning mindset in your kids where they understand what doesn't kill them will make them stronger, and they can do their own fishing through like instead of depending on a fishmonger for their dinners.

Maybe that's just me. As far as my inability to do anything other than what I'm hard-wired to do, and that's root root root for, that's what comes naturally. As an example, there's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality - statistically every family has someone in it, including mine and it's largely a genetic predisposition not a choice. But choosing to practice homosexuality to me is as unnatural and foreign as choosing to root against my team for any reason, especially since the supposed payoff is so uncertain in several ways.

10. bird33

bird33 Well-Known Member

God almighty man, do you want to go go 6-10 and be mediocre for the next decade? Or do you want an opportunity to draft a great qb? You fans that say how can you root against miami or you haven't played a competitive sport are completely blind when it comes to the future. You true 30 yr fans and competitive people root for us to go 6-10 or 7-9 and the fans with a brain in their heads will root for the future. A future with a possible franchise, great qb leading the way.

11. Smokey89

Smokey89 Active Member

Sad to say but....... The answer is yes! The organization needs a total overhaul.

12. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

I root for my team to leave it all on the field, and if that results in a loss I move on to the next game. If it results in a win, I am glad and move on to the next game. If we end up 6-10 or 7-9 so be it. It's a game I enjoy watching win/lose/draw and if watching my team be mediocre is what happens then so be it. It's completely out of my hands and I'm just along for the ride.

Part of what makes the game fun is taking the downs with the ups. You haven't experienced a great win unless you've experienced a crushing defeat.

13. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

Suck for luck doesnt make me root for the fins to lose, just means theres somewhat of a positive outcome either way...

14. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

i dont, but the thought of getting luck makes the losses easier to get over

15. hoops

hoops exited stage left

:lol:

16. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

You do realize suck for Luck is just a metaphor right ?

I'm with you. I don't suck for ANYTHING. Play to win. Deal with the consequences .

17. Thumper1016

Thumper1016 A True Fan

Cheer against them no. Dont need to, the way they are coached and play on sundays almost guarantee's a loss.

18. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

Yah I hope Miami goes 0-16 every year. :rolleyes2:

19. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

exactly.

look, im not going to actually sit by my tv every sunday/monday/thursday, whenever we play and hope the dolphins lose. However, unlike other years where any loss really kills me, this year i can take solace in the fact that we can be in position to select andrew luck.

if we were going to finish 12-4, 11-5, or even 10-6, and make the playoffs and then take it from their, then fine, screw suck for luck.

but to finish 5-11, 6-10, and go nowhere is worse than finishing 1-15 and getting the first pick, because at least at 1-15 their is a consolation prize. At 6-10, 5-11, u still blow, and u end up not getting a franchise changing qb.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i just go into the games this year expecting the worst...and getting said results

i don't need to root against them...they do the losing for me...and have me laughing my *** off at times at my television with all the dumb **** we do...over and over and over

21. Ilovemyfins4eva

its very simple.

we can go through one more really lousy season, which over the past decade we have become numbed to it,but while doing that get a guy who can be to us what Peyton Manning has been to the colts over the past 10 plus years. imagine going into every game, no matter the opponent feeling great about your chances because you know you have one of the best qbs on your side.

or we can go through our 7-9 season, and continue our mediocre to bad play year after year for the next god knows how long.

if i got to choose, ill suffer for one more year, when i know we will be competing in the playoffs/ super bowls, for the next decade plus, while winning 10 plus games each year.

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

for an example of the dumb **** we do someone explain to me how week one against the pats with daniel thomas inactive we only gave lex hilliard one goalline carry and yet three weeks later we can go to him almost exclusively on the goalline with thomas out again against the chargers???

you can't explain it...its just dumb **** from our coaches...

23. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

i really do hope we get luck but i never in my life have rooted against the dolphins

24. GT17

GT17 Well-Known Member

Go Heat !!

25. Ilovemyfins4eva

too bad their prob wont be a season the way things are looking now.

26. NBP81

Im starting to think they are dumb enough to actually face legal problems for acting stupid in order to gain advantage...

27. Ilovemyfins4eva

What legal problems would they actually be able to be accused of?

28. NBP81

Overreaction on my part to make a point (common on this board)... Just overstating they are very dumb... my bad...

29. Ilovemyfins4eva

they are very dumb this coaching staff, no argument from me on this one.

30. NBP81

But come to think of it. Either they are very smart, or they're very dumd... but yeah... either way, Sparano has nothing to do with it, he's gone no matter what IMO...

31. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

The team is going to lose regardless. Might as well get the best out of it.

32. hoops

hoops exited stage left

another example of dumb **** from the chargers game...davon bess on punt returns other than backed up near your goalline when you choose ball security over return upside...why the hell isn't edmond gates back there otherwise??? you know a guy who has home run hitting ability??? i get why you couldn't have reggie bush back there in that game at all given he was your lead carry running back in the game but davon bess...do you want to gain yards on returns and flip the field??? you sure act like you don't

33. FinFan124

FinFan124 The Captain of the Cool Kids

To be honest, me and my cousin's and a lot of my friends who are all Dolphin fans are on the suck for Luck bandwagon. What do we have to gain if we win 5 or 6 games now anyways? Honestly, could you imagine if by some miracle we were to win 10 games from here to the end of the year and this regime sticks around? Everyone would still be talking crap on here. If it takes rooting for this particular regime to lose then yes, we are rooting against them. We want a brighter future, and unfortunately Matt Moore isn't the next Tom Brady and Andrew Luck seems like he is the next big thing as an NFL quarterback which is what this team needs.

34. Notso

Notso Well-Known Member

of cousre I cheer for my fins, but i'm slightly less pissed/raged when they lose now.... and to be honest. what fan wouldn't be happy tanking 1 season for a dynasty for the nest 10-15 years...

35. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

You can't blame anyone that wants to get Luck, this franchise has tried everything else and are responsible for the product they serve the fans. It's been failing for a long time.

36. randomname

randomname A True Fan

Since we lost to the Browns I've gone into full blown "Suck for Luck" mode. Playoffs are out of the question. Yes, I'm rooting for the Dolphins to lose.

37. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Another example of dumb things they do? 205lb Reggie Bush who has NEVER proven to be a good inside the tackle runner, injury prone at that, but no, let's just stubbornly run him up the middle for 1.5 yards and a cloud of dust. It's pathetic. As much as we know about football, these guys do this thing for a living. They're supposed to see simple things like this and not repeat it!

All they did in the off season is talk about getting Bush the ball in space. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen that done and still have fingers left over. If us "dumb fans" can see it, why can't they? This is and the prospect of getting Luck is why I openly root against this team. This regime needs to be cleaned out in the worst way.

By the way, I watched the Stanford game again last night. Luck continues to make me drool.

38. crazycanuck74

crazycanuck74 Active Member

I agree with bird33, i've always rooted for my fins when there is a chance for playoffs, but there is no chance and the next peyton manning is coming out of the draft, so this is a no brainer. You've witnessed the colts without manning, I just want the fins to have a chance to win games week in and week out again, I am rooting against them so that can be possible some day.

39. DolFan in NE

DolFan in NE FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

You really think this team "leaves it all out on the field"? I saw it live and in person against the Pats last year. This team quit and they have shown me nothing this year. The mental mistakes that they make every week means that most of the players really don't give a s%$t. If this team has to blow for change to come in, so be it. I don't openly root against them but them being horrid will give us a chance to draft a franchise QB and get a coach in here that doesn't look like a complete fool when he fist pumps a FG to put them up 6 points with 3 minutes to go.

40. hoops

hoops exited stage left

what you saw week 17 will come much sooner this year...much sooner