Do "Suck 4 Luck" fans literally root against Miami during the games? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do "Suck 4 Luck" fans literally root against Miami during the games?

2l96z9h-1.jpg

Ya know, there's a particular Lucksucker who continually takes the opposite talking point (as recently as today) that Root2Win'ers aren't successful since they can't look long-term. Frankly, personally I can shoot that empty BS stereotype full of holes, but the point is, to generalize about either side of the argument does a lot of well-meaning folks a disservice.

Me, I taught my kid to compete until there's no competing left; not to depend on others or favorable possibilities outside their control to help them out, that where there's life there's hope and losing with effort and honor builds more backbone than being a quitter. You ingrain a winning mindset in your kids where they understand what doesn't kill them will make them stronger, and they can do their own fishing through like instead of depending on a fishmonger for their dinners.

Maybe that's just me. As far as my inability to do anything other than what I'm hard-wired to do, and that's root root root for, that's what comes naturally. As an example, there's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality - statistically every family has someone in it, including mine and it's largely a genetic predisposition not a choice. But choosing to practice homosexuality to me is as unnatural and foreign as choosing to root against my team for any reason, especially since the supposed payoff is so uncertain in several ways.

You do realize suck for Luck is just a metaphor right ?

I'm with you. I don't suck for ANYTHING. Play to win. Deal with the consequences .

Cheer against them no. Dont need to, the way they are coached and play on sundays almost guarantee's a loss.

God almighty man, do you want to go go 6-10 and be mediocre for the next decade? Or do you want an opportunity to draft a great qb? You fans that say how can you root against miami or you haven't played a competitive sport are completely blind when it comes to the future. You true 30 yr fans and competitive people root for us to go 6-10 or 7-9 and the fans with a brain in their heads will root for the future. A future with a possible franchise, great qb leading the way.

exactly.

look, im not going to actually sit by my tv every sunday/monday/thursday, whenever we play and hope the dolphins lose. However, unlike other years where any loss really kills me, this year i can take solace in the fact that we can be in position to select andrew luck.

if we were going to finish 12-4, 11-5, or even 10-6, and make the playoffs and then take it from their, then fine, screw suck for luck.

but to finish 5-11, 6-10, and go nowhere is worse than finishing 1-15 and getting the first pick, because at least at 1-15 their is a consolation prize. At 6-10, 5-11, u still blow, and u end up not getting a franchise changing qb.

i just go into the games this year expecting the worst...and getting said results

i don't need to root against them...they do the losing for me...and have me laughing my *** off at times at my television with all the dumb **** we do...over and over and over

its very simple.

we can go through one more really lousy season, which over the past decade we have become numbed to it,but while doing that get a guy who can be to us what Peyton Manning has been to the colts over the past 10 plus years. imagine going into every game, no matter the opponent feeling great about your chances because you know you have one of the best qbs on your side.

or we can go through our 7-9 season, and continue our mediocre to bad play year after year for the next god knows how long.

if i got to choose, ill suffer for one more year, when i know we will be competing in the playoffs/ super bowls, for the next decade plus, while winning 10 plus games each year.

for an example of the dumb **** we do someone explain to me how week one against the pats with daniel thomas inactive we only gave lex hilliard one goalline carry and yet three weeks later we can go to him almost exclusively on the goalline with thomas out again against the chargers???

you can't explain it...its just dumb **** from our coaches...

i really do hope we get luck but i never in my life have rooted against the dolphins

for an example of the dumb **** we do someone explain to me how week one against the pats with daniel thomas inactive we only gave lex hilliard one goalline carry and yet three weeks later we can go to him almost exclusively on the goalline with thomas out again against the chargers???you can't explain it...its just dumb **** from our coaches...
Im starting to think they are dumb enough to actually face legal problems for acting stupid in order to gain advantage...

What legal problems would they actually be able to be accused of?
Overreaction on my part to make a point (common on this board)... Just overstating they are very dumb... my bad...

But come to think of it. Either they are very smart, or they're very dumd... but yeah... either way, Sparano has nothing to do with it, he's gone no matter what IMO...

Back
Top Bottom