Do the Miami Dolphins have a plan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Miami Dolphins have a plan?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Mike Tannenbaum tells us we’re not far off. I wonder if he is seeing what I am seeing? I see a franchise that has been trying to build a suitable offensive line since 2009. I see a franchise that hasn’t fielded a top quality linebacking unit since Zach Thomas and Junior Seau played together, and as a result, we’ve had a difficult time succeeding.
I see tons of questions where I should be seeing clear answers. Who will play TE? Can Parker develop and stay healthy? Will Ryan Tannehill ever become the QB other teams don’t want to face? I could go on and on, but it seems like there are always more questions than clear answers.
Isn’t it time that we experienced the joy of watching the Dolphins play consistently solid football again? The 2017 version was embarrassing. How do professional athletes commit so many penalties at crucial times? How does the team allow it? Shula wouldn’t have tolerated it for a second. That’s one step towards getting better. Have a plan. The undisciplined play can’t be a part of that plan because it loses games.
I like Gase. I believe in Gase. But, that doesn’t mean he’s got a solid plan just yet. I fear he is trying too hard to be a players coach. Players hated playing for Shula, but they played hard for him because they knew he had a plan for success. Ultimately that is what everyone wants. That plan starts at the top. Mike Tannenbaum has to have a plan. Adam Gase has to have a plan. Chris Grier has to have a plan. Those three plans need to be in sync. They need to give us that winning edge Shula was famous for. It’s time. That’s my plea to the Miami Dolphins.
https://phinphanatic.com/2018/01/28/my-plea-as-a-lifelong-miami-dolphins-fan/

I fng hope so! They better come up with a good one or TBum will be a goner hopefully

There's good plans and bad ones...we probably have had plans just bad ones. We need a good plan but that bum won't be able to draw that up.

I'm pretty sure every GM and coach at this level has a plan. It's just not always a good one. Or it could be a good plan that never materializes because they suck at other things like player evaluation or coaching in general. The GM can have a plan in place to fix the OL once and for all, and takes a bunch of linemen in the draft, but if he picks all duds, or the coaches suck at developing them then this marvelous plan isn't worth a crap.

They told us the "plan" was to build thru the draft. If you want to build thru the draft then you need picks so what did they do? Trade 3 picks for Carroo who the team didn't even need. They also traded up for Howard. Then they got older and injured players in free agency. Then they gave up bad deals. That's not building thru the draft. That's them just patching holes here and there and not following their plan. Ever since t-dumb came to the team the pay structure has gotten messed up with bad deals. The problem starts at the top

Ozzy rules!!

We very obviously have a plan if you pay attention. Build the defense around suh and roll with a half way decent qb in tannenhill. This is the only plan you can have unless you have a truly elite qb

Since Gase became head coach Miami has actually drafted pretty well. We'll definitely need a solid draft if we even want to think about the playoffs, though.

You have a dichotomy between the coaches and FO. On the last presser, Gase decayed tannehill the starter, but Grier said all positions are open at 11. And did you see their mannerisms during the interview? There is no plan

They told us the "plan" was to build thru the draft.

Drake, Parker, Landry, Davis, Tunsil, Brendel, Howard, McCain, Tankersley, Aikens, Fede, Harris, Malveaux, Godchaux, Phillips, Grant, James, Lippett, McMillan, Taylor

Back
Top Bottom