Do the Miami Dolphins have a plan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Miami Dolphins have a plan?

I believe we do have a plan and the last couple of drafts proved it. Gase has drafted pretty well and seems to be putting together a good nucleus of players.

That term has popped its ugly head up again "players friendly coach". I really believe the writer on this one for once, quit trying to be these guys friends and let them know in no uncertain terms that indiscipline and poor play will not be tolerated on this team.

I am tired of hearing "we are not that far off" talk as well, it has been over a decade and the Phins are no closer to winning a SB. Talk is cheap.

You have a dichotomy between the coaches and FO. On the last presser, Gase decayed tannehill the starter, but Grier said all positions are open at 11. And did you see their mannerisms during the interview? There is no plan
Drafting a QB at 11 has no bearing on who starts at QB in 2018...You're the one who's confused...

Plan versus Execution

A huge problem we've had is the constant turnover of staff, philosophies and thus drafting and acquiring players for the ever changing systems.[/QUOTE
My oh my...........You are so right.

You have a dichotomy between the coaches and FO.

I like the word use...I agree...the problems we have start at the top...whether there is a plan in place (surely there HAS to be) or, IMO, the plan that is in place isn't totally accepted by someone (or at some level) ...I think there is a division somewhere between the top (executive level) and the field (coaching ranks)....somewhere in between there is a disconnect....maybe as simple as "too many chiefs and not enough Indians"...no I'm not being racist lol

IMO

They told us the "plan" was to build thru the draft. If you want to build thru the draft then you need picks so what did they do? Trade 3 picks for Carroo who the team didn't even need. They also traded up for Howard. Then they got older and injured players in free agency. Then they gave up bad deals. That's not building thru the draft. That's them just patching holes here and there and not following their plan. Ever since t-dumb came to the team the pay structure has gotten messed up with bad deals. The problem starts at the top

Ozzy rules!!

That last sentence is so true! This is the bedrock of every successful organization. My fear is that until Ross realizes that Tannenbaum isn't the answer Miami is doomed for mediocrity at best. I still have hope for Gase. This is just my gut feeling about Gase but I believe Ross needs to be committed to him for many seasons ... at least 5. Gase is young and inexperienced so he will need to be allowed time to mature and learn from his mistakes. He will need time to figure out how to put together a team that will win consistently. Most young or first time head coaches go through a learning curve. The danger is that the owner isn't patient enough to allow their HC to develop. IMO Gase will have to find a way to gain Ross' complete trust and outlast Tannenbaum ... maybe Grier as well.

You have a dichotomy between the coaches and FO. On the last presser, Gase decayed tannehill the starter, but Grier said all positions are open at 11. And did you see their mannerisms during the interview? There is no plan

At this point, I just have to believe you are simply trolling, and that's all you're here for.

You are now looking to reading body language as a way to determine if there is a plan? I'm waiting patiently for your next post about the morse code Grier or Gase was blinking out during the press release that when you decrypt using the first 5 words from Trumps Davos speech clearly states "Help me, we're all screwed until I pick a QB in the draft"

No plan. And we have zero identity on either side of the ball under this coach. Zero direction other than continued mediocrity.

I think the plan is to kill me via stress. But seriously I do believe they have a plan. I just think the plan is flawed based on the belief that Tannehill is a franchise QB and the way certain positions seem to be undervalued.

We have just had two good drafts with Gase, Grier and Tannenbaum! That is not an accident; that is the result of planning and execution!

Consider these three points:

1) Of those three, Gase is new to the organization and wasn't here during those previous bad drafts! Why would you hold someone not associated with the team, responsible for drafts that occurred before he came here? He has had to deal with the results of those poor drafts while he was rebuilding this team since his arrival. So far he has made the playoffs one out of his first two years and has had two good drafts.

2) Grier was here during the bad drafts, but served in a subordinate role! He was being directed by the people who were making the decisions in those earlier drafts, not making those decisions himself! Why do you blame someone who had no decision making authority in those drafts for those drafts?

3) Tannenbaum was there and was part of the team making the decisions during some of those poor drafts! It now seems clear he worked to support whatever the Coach and GM wanted. He is doing that now with Gase and Grier. He is a member of a new team making the drafting decisions and that new team has been successful in the last two drafts! Either he has changed, or he wasn't the driving farce so many posters claim he is. Working in support of other team members isn't a crime - its an attribute. His current performance supports these statements. It seems Mr. Ross has weeded out the performers that were responsible for those poor previous drafts. Since Tannenbaum is doing well now, it stands to reason he wasn't the cause of those poor drafts, it was the previous GM's and Executive VP's of Football Operations, because without them we are doing better.

My conclusion:

Too many posters here are stuck in the past and missing the development of a real dynasty. Most of the complaints seem to resolve to one thing - The team didn't do what the posters thought best and because of it we are a lousy team. They said the same type of crap last year when we made the playoffs!

It's difficult for me to give them a lot of credit for knowing what they are talking about.

3) Tannenbaum was there and was part of the team making the decisions during some of those poor drafts! It now seems clear he worked to support whatever the Coach and GM wanted. He is doing that now with Gase and Grier. He is a member of a new team making the drafting decisions and that new team has been successful in the last two drafts! Either he has changed, or he wasn't the driving farce so many posters claim he is. Working in support of other team members isn't a crime - its an attribute. His current performance supports these statements. It seems Mr. Ross has weeded out the performers that were responsible for those poor previous drafts. Since Tannenbaum is doing well now, it stands to reason he wasn't the cause of those poor drafts, it was the previous GM's and Executive VP's of Football Operations, because without them we are doing better.

Wasn't there a stir during Philbin's circus when Baum asked him to give the FO guidance on draft picks? Seems Philbin's response was something like "not my job, you pick them."

Back
Top Bottom