Do we have any more moves left? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have any more moves left?

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
Just want to hear from you guys if there are anymore moves we should, or are able to make to go into camp. What are your opionions???

Denny

I think that most of the money from DG's release will be spent on a free agent before camp and then the rest will be left for signing players if people go down with unexpected injuries like Brent Smith and Marcus Spriggs did last year.

I think we need to bring in a good DT, because we will be screwed if Bowens or Chester go down. I think we need to give Sam Adams a call immediately.

I think Jermaine Haley can do the job. Problem last year was that he and Earnest Grant were also injured and their effectiveness was limited.

The bogus DCH thread my be an inspiration...

...we have no proven quality at pass catching TE. Who's out there still? We have to give Norv the tools to work with.

Fanball lists these potential moves:

Tight ends
Greg Clark: UFA (2001 team: 49ers)
Tony Gonzalez: UFA (2001 team: Chiefs) franchise tag :lol:
Terry Hardy: UFA (2001 team: Cardinals)
Jackie Harris: UFA (2001 team: Cowboys)
Damon Jones: UFA (2001 team: Jaguars)
Andrew Jordan: UFA (2001 team: Vikings)

Are any of these potential contributers?

Just say no to Mitchell.

Damon Jones and Andrew Jordan suck. Jackie Harris is older than dirt. Tony Gonzales would require a mega contract and draft picks that we do not have. I coulda swore Greg Clark was signed back into the fold but he's very injury prone and Terry Hardy really isn't an upgrade over what we have. Weaver has the ability to catch 30-35 ball in this offense and he can do it well. Remember when he got inside Lawyer Milloy's head so bad Lawyer kept gettin penalties and Weaver was beating him?

Andrew Jordan does not suck. Where do you get your opinions?? Sometimes I don't understand your posts because they don't make much sense.

sam adams would be the only guy i would like to see come in..TE is not as big an issue ...these guys we have might flourish in a te friendly offense ..lets give them a chance to show what they really have this season ...it might be a plesant surprise at that !..Adams brigngs alot to the table where we need it most ...STOPPING THE RUN !!! Although i am very optimistic haley and grant if healthy ,will play better ..I love adams and if the money is not to crazy i think its better than signing a reserve fullback ? Right team wrong player ! Adams is worth the interest even though hes a little long in the tooth .

Originally posted by chambers84
Andrew Jordan does not suck. Where do you get your opinions?? Sometimes I don't understand your posts because they don't make much sense.

I truly hope you're not serious. Oh yeah REAL talented the 8 year vet averages 12 catches for 96 yards A SEASON. He hasn't had even a SEMI-DECENT season since his rookie year in 1994. And since 1996 the guy doesn't even get any playing time he averages action in only 4 games a season. Guy hasn't had more than 8 catches in like 6 years. Christ give me Jed Weaver, Alonzo Mayes, Hunter "no-hands" Goodwin, Shawn Draper, or even Ed "am I ever gonna play?" Perry any day of the week before you throw an Andrew Jordan onto the roster.

Back
Top Bottom