Do we have enough depth at the D-line and Linebacker postion?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have enough depth at the D-line and Linebacker postion??

ckparrothead said:
Without Ogunleye this defensive line is in serious trouble. David Bowens and Jay Williams rotating means Williams can't be moved inside to DT as often as you'd like, which means more playing time for Romero....and neither D-Bo or J-Wil are viable NFL starters.

The D-LIne is obviously much lees affective with out Ogun, but I don't know if it would be in "serious trouble" with out him. But anyway, the point I was try to get across is I think there should me more concern about the LB position. (I am of the opinion that Ogun will be lined up and ready to go come Week 1)

ckparrothead said:
Without Ogunleye this defensive line is in serious trouble. David Bowens and Jay Williams rotating means Williams can't be moved inside to DT as often as you'd like, which means more playing time for Romero....and neither D-Bo or J-Wil are viable NFL starters.

I couldn't agree with you more on there. People say Adawale does not contribute a lot but he has scored all those sacks without Jayson Taylor. Jason Taylor has not been double as much as he use to and all those
sacks that he got was against crumbling lines like the bills.

Adawale is responsible a lot for our outside runs and through the inside and he has done exeptionally to stop the run and get the pass rush going. A lot of
people misunderestimate the defensive end. He is a great quality player and will start anywhere else. Specially since he is younger.

Like I said.....and I hope my gut is right, but I think it will be moot cuz Ogun will signed before the season starts..........Or is my gut trying to tell me something else........ :D

CK, in your analysis you neglect that D. Bowens will fill the void left by Rob Burnett. He will be the guy who moves inside with Williams on passing downs. True that works best if/when Wale comes back into camp. I think our situation is less worrisome than you would suggest and yes, i think Romero does show promise. What I saw of him in preseason last year seemed hopeful. That he couldn't break into our line-up should not be a surprise given Bowens/Chester/Zgonina and the DE's on passing downs. I believe you are premature to write him off.

Back
Top Bottom