Do we have the cap space to sign Surtain, McMike, and a FA RB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have the cap space to sign Surtain, McMike, and a FA RB?

Despacio

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is for all those cap savvy people out there. Also, it seems Spielman does a great job in getting players at affordable prices, would you agree?

Despacio said:
This is for all those cap savvy people out there. Also, it seems Spielman does a great job in getting players at affordable prices, would you agree?
Like Feeley for a 2nd round pick?

:roflmao:

If u cant find any responses...ask everyones favorite cap guru-Clumpy:)

Despacio said:

Well, yeah, I suppose. I believe we have the cheapest OL in the NFL, right? Rick saved a TON of money when he rebuilt it this offseason. Lots of cheap vets and even cheaper drafted players...

... if ONLY they were ANY GOOD. :eek:

McMichael still has one more year on his contract after this season so if he doesn't get his extension in the offseason he still has time to get one before his contract expires. However, I think we will sign him long-term next July.

Surtain is probably gone IMO. It would be way to much money spent in one place and we have a capable replacment in Poole.

I am sure we will be able to make some salary cap moves not only to sign a FA RB, but some other FAs that will help us.

Crisis said:
Like Feeley for a 2nd round pick?

:roflmao:
:lol: , thats true, I never thought of that. But I meant in terms of money, cap space when getting contracts signed.

Poole isnt a capable replacement for Surtain... to even say such a thing is moronic. Hes a rookie who is still unproven... we hear people saying he was a steal in the 4th but until he proves it hes NOT.

Surtain took a big cut in salary when he got his last entention.... i beleive he will take what is given to him unless he wants out of miami... which could be possible after this season. I still think Madison will be the one gone not Surtain. Why get rid of a 28 year old corner who is THE best shut-down corner in the AFC?

Dont expect us to sign too many FA since we have some decent draft picks. I only see us signing one major FA primarilly an OL or a RB. It all depends on which big names are available.

But if any FAs: OL, RB, DT

Iamlegend said:
Poole isnt a capable replacement for Surtain... to even say such a thing is moronic. Hes a rookie who is still unproven... we hear people saying he was a steal in the 4th but until he proves it hes NOT.

Surtain took a big cut in salary when he got his last entention.... i beleive he will take what is given to him unless he wants out of miami... which could be possible after this season. I still think Madison will be the one gone not Surtain. Why get rid of a 28 year old corner who is THE best shut-down corner in the AFC?

Dont expect us to sign too many FA since we have some decent draft picks. I only see us signing one major FA primarilly an OL or a RB. It all depends on which big names are available.

That is something a lot of people are forgetting. Surtain did take a contract that was below his value last time he signed an extension.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That is something a lot of people are forgetting. Surtain did take a contract that was below his value last time he signed an extension.
Probably because he tought that we could then buy enough talent on offense to make a serious run at the SB.

Iamlegend said:

What is moronic is people CONSTANTLY saying Madison will be gone when it is Financially NOT POSSIBLE. Ok, Poole is no Surtain, but he is showing great promise and would probably be starting for most teams next year. Also, Surtain is good enough to possibly get us an additional 1st round pick that we can use on the future. Don't get me wrong, I love having Surtain on this team, but you have to look towards the future and financially I don't see him in the plans.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Well, yeah, I suppose. I believe we have the cheapest OL in the NFL, right? Rick saved a TON of money when he rebuilt it this offseason. Lots of cheap vets and even cheaper drafted players...

... if ONLY they were ANY GOOD. :eek:
didn't mcintosh get some pretty good money? what a freakin joke

TorontoFin said:
didn't mcintosh get some pretty good money? what a freakin joke

he got some good money if he proves he can be the starting left tackle this year.

Back
Top Bottom