Do we have to move up to get one of the big 3 o-linemen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have to move up to get one of the big 3 o-linemen?

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I say no as I've been saying all along. Some examples of great lines from the past that didn't have a #1. 72 Dolphins, one of the great o-lines of all-time. Kooch,rd 4, Little FA, Langer FA, Dwight Stephenson rd 2 etc. Dallas Cowboys 1996 (game on NFL channel now) Mark Stepnoski, rd3, Nate Newton FA, Mark Tuinei FA, Larry Allen rd 2, Erik Williams rd 3. Last years Pro Bowl had Jerome Bushrod rd.4, Jason Peters FA. It's clear that great talent can be found and developed outside of the first round. Let's somehow land Eifert and Austin and then go o-line, cornerback and DE. The site is so quiet I just thought I'd toss this out there for a little perspective.

If Clabo and Eric Winston are still free agents by the time of the draft, I would try to secure one of them rather than feeling the need to grab one of the Top Three OT's. I also think there is a 50/50 chance that Lane Johnson will still be on the board at #12, especially if teams reach for Geno Smith and Matt Barkley at QB. We have plenty of options. There also should be guys like Terron Armstead available in round two. I also like OG Larry Warford who would be nice playing to the right of Pouncey. There is no need to trade up.

Totally agree Roman. If Lane Johnson is sitting there at #12 it would be tough not to make that pick. I'd just hate to miss out on both Eifert and Austin. The best case would be get Johnson @12 and then trade back into the first to get either Eifert or Austin. I hope we're looking hard at Clabo because he's out there and he's very good and we still have money.

You don't need to have a franchise LT, but I think the front office needs to decide if Jonathan Martin is good enough there. All the gains made at the skill positions won't amount to much if Ryan Tannehill doesn't have time to throw the ball. I'm not sure on Martin and if Philibin feels the same way the team needs to move up. There are some nice RT's available later, but if you are looking for a starting LT it's one of the top 3.

No....none of the big 3 will be there at 12...... That's guaranteed.

I hope we don't move up for anybody. There's not a single projected Top 10 player in this draft that i feel is worth moving up for,not a single one of them. So i'd rather just pick at #12,or trade down and acquire a few more picks.

Back
Top Bottom