Do you guys think Maybe Ricky needs to be fed... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you guys think Maybe Ricky needs to be fed...

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
If you watch the highlights. If ricky gets decent blocking, he will gain at least 10 yards.

Just watch our highlight reel. Everytime he gets a block, he doesnt dance around like ronnie (I love ronnie dont get me wrong) he just explodes and looks like he is moving twice as fast as everyone else. That seahawks run mirrored the 2002 jets game when he exploded through and galloped his way to that 63 yard TD.

All im saying is, we should really gameplan for just trying to run at the ravens and around the ravens. They are def. expecting the wildcat but i think if we can get decent blocking some traditional ricky handoffs can and will work.

Remember with Ricky our record since 2002 is 37-22 (not counting his first two games in 05, he wasnt used at all). Without Ricky we are 13-38.

Now obviously alot of others factors go in. But When ricky goes we go. nd thats a fact.

Ricky is the more punishing runner of the 2 right now. Ronnie has started lowering his shoulder and finishing again, thank God, but since he's more tentative to start the run he's not doing as much damage at the end of it. And he does try to avoid the contact more than Ricky, which isn't necessarily bad if it leads to extra yards but it does mean he's not as scary to try and stop.

Tell you what though, if we wanted to try something crazy we could give the ball to Merling. The way he just shoved Jones down was beautiful to see :)

Ricky isn't close to the punishing runner out of the pair. He is faster than he is powerful and any runningback can gain yardage with good run blocking.

Ronnie is clearly the most talented and effective of the two overall. However, if somone gets hot...Feed them the ball.

Ricky is the more punishing runner of the 2 right now. Ronnie has started lowering his shoulder and finishing again, thank God, but since he's more tentative to start the run he's not doing as much damage at the end of it. And he does try to avoid the contact more than Ricky, which isn't necessarily bad if it leads to extra yards but it does mean he's not as scary to try and stop.

Tell you what though, if we wanted to try something crazy we could give the ball to Merling. The way he just shoved Jones down was beautiful to see :)
Being an ex-tight end, I'd like to see him in on some short yardage plays for the offense.

If you watch the highlights. If ricky gets decent blocking, he will gain at least 10 yards.

Just watch our highlight reel. Everytime he gets a block, he doesnt dance around like ronnie (I love ronnie dont get me wrong) he just explodes and looks like he is moving twice as fast as everyone else. That seahawks run mirrored the 2002 jets game when he exploded through and galloped his way to that 63 yard TD.

All im saying is, we should really gameplan for just trying to run at the ravens and around the ravens. They are def. expecting the wildcat but i think if we can get decent blocking some traditional ricky handoffs can and will work.

Remember with Ricky our record since 2002 is 37-22 (not counting his first two games in 05, he wasnt used at all). Without Ricky we are 13-38.

Now obviously alot of others factors go in. But When ricky goes we go. nd thats a fact.

May I suggest actually watching the games before starting garbage like this. Highlights and box scores more often than not do not tell the whole story. Ricky has absolutely no power left when he runs and of the two (him and Ronnie) by far avoids more contact.

Don't get me wrong, Ricky is a nice role player. However, the man love he gets is just perplexing. Must be kindred spirits.

Here's an idea...instead of posturing for why Ricky is better than Ronnie, just be happy that we have a stable of solid backs, each of which knows what to do when they get good blocking.

jesus im sorry i have an opinion.

im just saying ricky explodes still and his legs are moving twice as fast as everyone else.

soooooooo im sorry i offended you guys with my opinion

im just saying ricky explodes still and his legs are moving twice as fast as everyone else.

Yeah, I was surprised at the lame responses in your thread. I see your point with Ricky and I agree. I find it a great "problem to have trying to decide which running back should get the ball more.

If you're going to have an opinion, be prepared to defend it when others believe that your opinion is biased/baseless, etc...

Case in point...go back and take a look at plays when Ronnie has good blocking. He also gains a boatload of yardage.

Sorry man, but in my humble opinion, your assertion is completely biased and baseless.

Do you guys think Maybe Ricky needs to be fed...

HE WILL FEED ON DEAD RAVEN CARCASS

Ronnie isnt dancing right now he is running stright ahead and the ravens are hitting him in the back field

May I suggest actually watching the games before starting garbage like this. Highlights and box scores more often than not do not tell the whole story. Ricky has absolutely no power left when he runs and of the two (him and Ronnie) by far avoids more contact.

Don't get me wrong, Ricky is a nice role player. However, the man love he gets is just perplexing. Must be kindred spirits.

is that why ricky ran over bart scott today? a back that runs over a linebacker like scott, it kinda shows he has some power. just saying

i honestly fail to see how he's done. the man can still turn the corner and has a ton of speed. and he can lower his shoulder and power a guy over.

Back
Top Bottom