Do you guys think Paul Pasqualoni is a good hire for DC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you guys think Paul Pasqualoni is a good hire for DC?

To be honest I don't know a lot about him other than his coaching career at Syracuse, but if the Tuna trusts him, then I'll support it.

The big thing to me is that everyone is comfortable with him as far as Parcells/Ireland/Sparano. We have to trust them that this is the right guy. God forbid he can't do any worse then (make no adjustments Capers).

I never cared much for him as a head coach at Syracuse, but hopefully he's a much better assistant than head coach.

Don't know much about him and won't be 'comfortable' until I see how the defense plays in 08. Just saying well the Tuna trusts him doesn't hold alot with me right now. Show me some results on the field and then I'll change my mind.

I like the hire. With names like this, we're getting more 'Jersey' every day. Maybe we can play some man's football now.

I dont kow a lot about him either but I think Parcells knows what he is doing but I would like to see what he does in 08

I know he was the Boys' LB coach, but does he have any experience in the NFL as a Defensive Coordinator? I question the hire, but hopefully he can help import the 3-4 into Miami better than Dom Capers.

I question the hire, the guy was a TE coach before he coached LBs. He seems like a guy that knows his football, but not necessarily a defensive genius.

It can only help that we have alot of guys that have worked with eachother before, and are comfortable with eachother. Hopefully it will add some continuity to our team. And I felt like it was a win because other teams were wanting him, and the 'Boys were trying to resign him.

I know him well, im from the cuse...He was actually very good when Dnabb was there. We were going to bowl games and were always in the top 25, until his second to last season when it all started to go downhill. He could make a good DC, but HC, hell no!

Have a read of you like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pasqualoni

Take it for what its worth, but wikpedia makes him sound better than he actually was, from a head coaching standpoint anyway

I think Syracuse was very successful and still to some extent when he was promoted to head coach there. I really don't know what to think of him as our DC? I didn't even know he was coaching in the NFL till just a few weeks ago

I say its a good start because they do know each other at this point once we get a season under our belt with these guys it might be time to change some of them out but to get started you need everyone on the same page.
You have to figure Parcells knows more than we do and he is "not" trying to fail!

Back
Top Bottom