"Do you know anything about DE Kendall Langford?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Do you know anything about DE Kendall Langford?"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/10/1768710/shining-a-light-on-miami-dolphins.html

"Do you know anything about defensive end Kendall Langford? How often have you heard his name? Did you realize only three current players -- Will Allen, Yeremiah Bell and Channing Crowder -- have started more games for Miami's defense?"

"I've been banging on the door for the first two years,'' says Langford, as quiet and smiley as a 6-6, 295-pound man could possibly be. ``I'm ready to go through it.''

"He's been productive in a lot of situations for us, but we really felt like this would be the time for Kendall to really turn the corner and become a much more consistent player,'' coach Tony Sparano said. ``We're seeing it right now.''

"He's a guy who's been under the radar,'' linebacker Cameron Wake said. ``People don't pay attention to him because there are bigger names. But the guy who is under the radar is usually the one who does the most damage.''

"I never had to worry about anybody climbing up on my blindside,'' Crowder said. ``Since he came in, he's been beating the hell out of tackles. If they single him, he'll beat the hell out of a blocker in pass protection. He's just a solid lineman."

"Crowder said Langford is the type of player ``who will be in the league for 15 or 20 years,'' comparing him to past Dolphins players like Kevin Carter and Keith Traylor. Both of those players used blunt strength to get the job done."

"His physical strength has gotten an awful lot better, and he's carrying it over onto the field,'' Sparano said. "The other area though that I've noticed from the first day we showed up here in training camp is he's moving a lot better.''

"I'm not going to set a goal,'' Langford said. ``The sky is the limit. I just want to go out and have that breakout year. I want to kill it.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/10/1768710/shining-a-light-on-miami-dolphins.html

"Do you know anything about defensive end Kendall Langford? How often have you heard his name? Did you realize only three current players -- Will Allen, Yeremiah Bell and Channing Crowder -- have started more games for Miami's defense?"

"I've been banging on the door for the first two years,'' says Langford, as quiet and smiley as a 6-6, 295-pound man could possibly be. ``I'm ready to go through it.''

"He's been productive in a lot of situations for us, but we really felt like this would be the time for Kendall to really turn the corner and become a much more consistent player,'' coach Tony Sparano said. ``We're seeing it right now.''

"He's a guy who's been under the radar,'' linebacker Cameron Wake said. ``People don't pay attention to him because there are bigger names. But the guy who is under the radar is usually the one who does the most damage.''

"I never had to worry about anybody climbing up on my blindside,'' Crowder said. ``Since he came in, he's been beating the hell out of tackles. If they single him, he'll beat the hell out of a blocker in pass protection. He's just a solid lineman."

"Crowder said Langford is the type of player ``who will be in the league for 15 or 20 years,'' comparing him to past Dolphins players like Kevin Carter and Keith Traylor. Both of those players used blunt strength to get the job done."

"His physical strength has gotten an awful lot better, and he's carrying it over onto the field,'' Sparano said. "The other area though that I've noticed from the first day we showed up here in training camp is he's moving a lot better.''

"I'm not going to set a goal,'' Langford said. ``The sky is the limit. I just want to go out and have that breakout year. I want to kill it.''

I've really liked him as a player since we brought him in. He is a very underrated lineman.

Like the attitude, sounds like the defense is gonna be great this year.

He's a good solid player. If he ever turns the corner from just being solid...our D-line would be great.

is it just me or did he move really well his first year and then looked terribly stiff his second? He needs to do some yoga with RW to limber himself up. I am so excited to see this D Line play.

is it just me or did he move really well his first year and then looked terribly stiff his second? He needs to do some yoga with RW to limber himself up. I am so excited to see this D Line play.

I really think of all the returning players on last year's D, only Starks and Solia improved. Even Yeremiah Bell had a down year all around for him (well deserved pro bowl selection finally, but he wasn't really the difference maker we've all grown to love) Pasqualoni's defense was so dependent on on 1 or 2 players (aka JP or JT) that as CK said in another post, when they didn't produce, the other players were asked to do things they didn't practice.

The d-line should be fun to watch this year.

Think you can make the argument that we had the best pair of starting 3-4 DE's in the NFL last season. Langford should only improve. I love Odrick. Starks will be dank at NT. I love our D-line. The end.

Think you can make the argument that we had the best pair of starting 3-4 DE's in the NFL last season. Langford should only improve. I love Odrick. Starks will be dank at NT. I love our D-line. The end.
We could make the argument now, but in a couple years, we could have the best d-line.

I agree with Crowder on this one. I don't think Langford will ever be a superstar, but more of the type of player who you can always rely on for a long period of time. IMO, if we win a superbowl in the next decade, he will certainly be a starter or have a key role in the rotation. He's a player I have really like since he's been on the team. It's a shame Merling doesn't look like he is going to pan out. Still, as far as I'm concerned, our defensive line is very talented and likely the strong point of our defense.

Back
Top Bottom