Do you remember before we got RW? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you remember before we got RW?

*_*ADMIRAL*_*

Thanks for the memories Pat
Reaction score
yesterday i got bored and looked all the way in the back of the forums to before we traded for RW and i saw that many of you said that RW was not worth any round pick higher than a 4th?????? i bet all of you are eating your words now...also many of you would have(back then i mean) rather had Minor be the primary back instead of trading for RW...do you guys have any regrets...i know i do...i wanted minor as the primary...now im glad we traded

I thought (and still believe) that we overpaid for RW. The price for RW was established by what he had accomplished prior to coming here and by what other similar players had been traded for. Using that comparison, the max we should have paid was a 1st and a 3rd.

It doesn't matter what he has accomplished since. The example I gave was if the market price of Disney stock is $25.00 a share and I pay $30.00, then I overpaid. It doesn't matter if in a year it's worth $50.00. You can look back and say, I would still make the deal b/c it was profitable, but it doesn't change the fact that I paid more than market price. The Dolphins paid more than market price for RW.

Actually I may be wrong but as for Ricky I have always liked this guy not only for his skills but for the way he structured his contract. I heard that he made his contract where he got a base salary (which was kind of low) but made more money if he produced. Like 100 yds rushing in a game, Led the league in rushing, etc.. Has anyone heard this?

I was one of those who opposed the trade at the time because the compensation for a RB who didn't have gamebreaking speed needed to be an elite RB.I felt that Fred Taylor would have ben a better choice but I was way off.Ricky came motivated to lose weight and regain the speed he loss while he was bulking up in New Orleans.

rafael said:
I thought (and still believe) that we overpaid for RW. The price for RW was established by what he had accomplished prior to coming here and by what other similar players had been traded for. Using that comparison, the max we should have paid was a 1st and a 3rd.

It doesn't matter what he has accomplished since. The example I gave was if the market price of Disney stock is $25.00 a share and I pay $30.00, then I overpaid. It doesn't matter if in a year it's worth $50.00. You can look back and say, I would still make the deal b/c it was profitable, but it doesn't change the fact that I paid more than market price. The Dolphins paid more than market price for RW.
Totally agree. There's no way that 3rd should've been conditional. I mean, what leverage did the Saints have? None whatsoever. They spent their 1st rounder on McCallister and they weren't going to keep both RB's.

I was also not on the bandwagon for this trade going down, and I'll admit that. I was reeeeeeeeally high on Deshaun Foster, and I wanted to try and move up for Duckett(I wasn't a big Will Green fan). Portis was my fall back option...

Back
Top Bottom