Do you think the Miami Hurricanes can beat the 2011 Miami Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think the Miami Hurricanes can beat the 2011 Miami Dolphins?

This last decade of Canes football ball been pretty crappy. I thought a couple of year ago that they have given up football.

I seem to remember that their 2001 team was good. But half of them are in jail or on parole.

The 2008 Gator could spank the Dolphins but a number of good college TEAMS could beat them because the 2211 Dolphins are not really a team, they are a group of football players that happen to be wearing Dolphin helmets for this season.

Not one player from that 2001 team is in jail. Stop making **** up unless you want to discuss the number of Gator arrests under that pile of **** Urban Meyer.

That entire post was just...

:bobdole:

2008 Gators aren't beating the 2011 Miami Dolphins. You dudes give it up lol.

That same RB who left the game injured. You have got to be kidding me if you think a college team could beat an NFL. High School kids aren't taking down FBS teams and FBS teams aren't taking down anyone in the NFL. Tim Tebow is two years into his professional career and he looks like diarrhea dog **** to the nth power.

Yeah he left injured but managed 76 yards before that. I would say that college teams would not beat nfl teams but that's how low this team has gotten me that I feel than maybe just maybe that 2001 team with all that talent might have a shot at this team. The fins would find a way to mess it up

It'd be a good game for all the wrong reasons....:lol:

I have a hard time believing the Miami Dolphins could drop 70 points against air. Either way, I'll lay 2:1 odds Sparano gets outcoached by Al Golden regardless of the results on the scoreboard.

If a talented and well coached enough college team could practice more than 20 hours a week, or at least practice as much as NFL players do, It'd probably be a lot closer than people think. That's where the biggest difference is at.

You can't implement as much scheme diverse packages in such a dramatically decreased amount of practice time.

If college defenses can somehow manage to tackle Trent Richardson, Adrian Peterson, Bo Jackson, and Hershel Walker, they can tackle Daniel Thomas.

Cam Newton, Marcel Dareus, A.J. Green, Andy Dalton, Kong Suh, etc. didn't suddenly morph into something entirely different in the 8 months or so they didn't play football in between their last college game and their rookie seasons. I don't think people realize how much borderline professional talent there is in the NFL.

The 2001 Hurricanes team was one of the most talented rosters in terms of depth, but I've seen about 3 Bama squads just in the past 20 years that would beat 'em.

You're talking about Tim Tebow and Willis McGahee...two professional grown men...beating other professional grown men. Willis McGahee doesn't have the speed he once had when he was in college, but that's due in large part to the knee injury he suffered in that Fiasco Bowl.

Once the draft rolls around, what are the experts, coaches, scouts, general managers and everyone saying about the prospects? What's the biggest thing they talk about when kids first make the transition to the NFL level?

"How quickly can he adjust to the speed of the game at the next level."

Some have a seemless transition. Other struggle early on. And those rookies always talk about the hardest part is adjusting to the speed of the game.

So you line up a college team and a pro team and you snap the football...you're gonna see some college linemen getting blown up immediately. We're talking dumped on their ***** and embarrassed.

And we're talking about the 2011 Hurricanes? I hate to talk **** about Tyler Horn since I know his Mother Dawn personally, but even she said he was bad against North Carolina. Hello, Tyler, meet Karlos Dansby. Do your best to prevent him from swallowing Jacory Harris whole.

We're starting Anthony Chikillo at defensive end. He's a TRUE FRESHMAN! He's right out of high school. Daniel Thomas would run to that side of the field all day and have a galaxy of daylight to the end zone.

2011 Miami Hurricanes > 2011 Miami Dolphins

Really??

I would say yes. I think the Hurricanes would blow out the Dolphins. The Hurricanes have explosive, young, up and coming talent. The Dolphins are in disarray. The Dolphins would lose by 20 points. Im dead serious.

No, but LSU may give us a hard time.

The 2001 Hurricanes team was one of the most talented rosters in terms of depth, but I've seen about 3 Bama squads just in the past 20 years that would beat 'em.

I knew it wouldn't be long before you got in on this thread and I gotta be honest, this is probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a TedSlimm post lol.

I'm not even gonna get into that Alabama - Miami stuff but you know I'm not buying it.

Al Golden probably does outcoach Tony Sparano but there's just too many big boys used to the physicality of the NFL and that's gonna matter...especially after halftime when 19 year-old kids have taken the beating of a lifetime for 30 minutes and then they're sitting around stable trying not to think about the second half.

I knew it wouldn't be long before you got in on this thread and I gotta be honest, this is probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a TedSlimm post lol.

I'm not even gonna get into that Alabama - Miami stuff but you know I'm not buying it.

Al Golden probably does outcoach Tony Sparano but there's just too many big boys used to the physicality of the NFL and that's gonna matter...especially after halftime when 19 year-old kids have taken the beating of a lifetime for 30 minutes and then they're sitting around stable trying not to think about the second half.

The line of scrimmage is where the largest gap in strength and conditioning would show up. Guys that have been in the NFL lifting weights for 5-10 years are going to be stronger than 19 year old college kids, at least on average.... but not every lineman in the NFL is stronger than every 19 year old kid in college. We're talking about bad NFL teams versus elite college talent in a hypothetical situation.

There's teams in the NFL that are starting rookies on their offensive lines, take the Colts for example. I believe they're starting 2 rookies on their line, who off of that line is going to give college kids a beating for 30 minutes?

They're starting 2 guys who were playing college football 8-9 months ago.

In all seriousness, there's no way that this Hurricanes squad could hang with the Miami Dolphins. They can barely hang with the Marylands and Kansas St.'s.

However, I disagree that the worst the NFL has to offer would routinely blow elite college teams out of the stadium. I don't think the Colts with Curtis Painter could score more than 20 points on LSU or Alabama's defense. Alabama's running back squats and benches more than the Dolphins Hall of Fame left tackle, how are the Colts going to tackle him?

The 2001 Canes team is considered the best they've ever had, but it was built exactly like the 3 undefeated National Championship teams that Alabama has had over the past 20 years. Dominating defense with NFL talent galore at all three levels, and a game manager at quarterback.

That's a typical Bama championship team, not one that gets hyped up as the best of all time.

The kids can take a longer beating and bounce back but a man doesn't reach his maximum strength until age 30 to 33. The sheer strength difference would be enough to tip the tide, let alone experience, technique and quality factor, speed etc...

Some college teams are deep but even on the deepest of rosters all the kids are not making the NFL in terms of talent, any NFL team as the advantage against any College squad, regardless of decade.

LSU would be a tougher out. Their defensive line is Godlike and NFL ready right now. Our offensive line is awful. Those boys would get after Matt Moore for sure.

Eh. They still would have no shot. How often are these great college d lineman busts or mediocre pros. Glen Dorsey was a beast in college and hasn't lived up to his draft status. How many o lineman actually come into the NFL day one and produce. Even the best college teams have maybe one or two lineman get drafted. The rest don't even play pro ball. And these soph and juniors are supposed to handle mature twenty something NFL pro d lineman. Lol. Not gonna happen. And this tebow nonsense is ridiculous. Denvers pro defense shutting us down was a major factor in this game. If prator doesn't miss two field goals early or if tebow doesn't take that dumb sack to knock them out of Fg position we might never of been up to begin with.

As great as the 2001 hurricane team was, mckinnie was the only olineman who lasted in the NFL. Romberg was undrafted, Gonzalez was a 7th round pick and Sherko went to the cfl. Any pro teams dline would destroy that line over 60 minutes.

Oh and the Alabama comment im just gonna pass off as just complete bias and homer nonsense. That Miami team would if manhandled any of those bama teams

The only real great college teams I've really debated was the 2001 Miami Hurricanes v. 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

And I don't think Nebraska would stand a chance. Miami has historically kicked the **** out of Nebraska's pathetic Option offense. It doesn't matter how bad the Miami Hurricanes are in any given year, you won't find many teams with more speed at skill positions. Miami teams are some of the fastest in the country every single year.

I'm confident that the 2001 team would shut down Tommy Frazier.

The only real great college teams I've really debated was the 2001 Miami Hurricanes v. 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

And I don't think Nebraska would stand a chance. Miami has historically kicked the **** out of Nebraska's pathetic Option offense. It doesn't matter how bad the Miami Hurricanes are in any given year, you won't find many teams with more speed at skill positions. Miami teams are some of the fastest in the country every single year.

I'm confident that the 2001 team would shut down Tommy Frazier.

Even the '95 Canes gave them a run for their money...Or was it '94 that we played them in the orange bowl?

The 2001 Canes are the best college team ever..No team is beating them...Too much talent..Too much chemistry.

As for this years Canes beating the Phins?

I dont think so... The Phins would run all over them..Matt Moore would have all day in the pocket.

Agreed. Miami always beat on those option Nebraska teams. The only reason Nebraska was able to win was because Miami was taken off the map due to being on probation. The Miami teams moving 5 years forward or backwards would of beaten those Nebraska teams. They couldn't match the speed. I still remember husker fans talking about how crouch was gonna light the canes up. Lol.

Eh. They still would have no shot. How often are these great college d lineman busts or mediocre pros. Glen Dorsey was a beast in college and hasn't lived up to his draft status. How many o lineman actually come into the NFL day one and produce. Even the best college teams have maybe one or two lineman get drafted. The rest don't even play pro ball. And these soph and juniors are supposed to handle mature twenty something NFL pro d lineman. Lol. Not gonna happen. And this tebow nonsense is ridiculous. Denvers pro defense shutting us down was a major factor in this game. If prator doesn't miss two field goals early or if tebow doesn't take that dumb sack to knock them out of Fg position we might never of been up to begin with.

As great as the 2001 hurricane team was, mckinnie was the only olineman who lasted in the NFL. Romberg was undrafted, Gonzalez was a 7th round pick and Sherko went to the cfl. Any pro teams dline would destroy that line over 60 minutes.

Oh and the Alabama comment im just gonna pass off as just complete bias and homer nonsense. That Miami team would if manhandled any of those bama teams

Yep. I heard all that south Florida trash talk nonsense in '92. Except what actually happened was, that Bama team did annihilate the undefeated, and defending national championship Hurricanes 34-13 in the Sugar Bowl.

The Hurricanes came in with their Heisman Trophy winning quarterback and running their mouth, but left New Orleans beat to a pulp and quiet as a gentle breeze.

I remember the first televised game in the history of Bryant-Denny Stadium was a 30-0 beatdown of the Canes... that was back when we used to have them for homecoming fodder.

Back
Top Bottom