Do you toss something out there to try to get Justin Blackman? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you toss something out there to try to get Justin Blackman?

I think it is a no brainer. the guy is talented, and if we could get him for a 7 I would be perfectly good with that. it will never happen though.

sinPHIN - Nothing's a no brainer when you can't get him even on the playing field. He showed great talent in college but the Jags got zilch return for the investment. Before dangling a low round draft pick, I would be asking Joe Philbin, Bill Lazor and WR Coach O'Keefe, if they are prepared to invest significant time and effort on a major rehabilitation project (maybe to the detriment of a stack of really good group of WRs). The other potential negative here is - to what extent does Blackman have to corrupt the other players on the team? While I do not have a problem with potentially decriminalizing marijuana consumption, it appears to be highly addictive and can make some people very lazy.

He would make our WR group better; but realistically with all the negative publicity this team has had lately, I just don't see the front office taking a chance on him.

Doesn't seem committed, that's not a person i want on my team.

No thank you...not a need....we are very deep at receiver....best we've been in many years...actually a strength of ours ....when was the last time we could say that about our receiving core!

I can sees the following happening.

1. Fans call for Blackmon, offering Jags a 7th round pick.
2. Jags accept, Blackmon comes to Miami.
3. He is suspended for the year, does more stupid stuff, gets suspended indefinitely.
4. Fans blow up deluxe at next years draft for giving up a 7th for a worthless bum.

I agree with the compensation of a 6th or 7th but we need to look at the financials. how many years does he have left on his contract and how much coin is left??

Ummm no.....the guy is talented, but who knows if he will be suspended and when the next suspension is coming after that....

Why? We currently have 12 WRs on the team. Why add another one?

Hey! Who said you could use that as your sig? ;) I kid of course. You got good taste kid.

We have no one at his level. BTW I doubt we could get him for a 7th, we would be waiting in line for that. I see him going to the rams now and a greatly reduced suspension, thanks to Jeff Fisher for taking Sam.

If Blackman turned his sh*t around and went to another team we would be "what iffing" it for years.

People make mistakes... hes a great talent better than any wide out we have so yes I would take him.... dolp u ins fans wana pass on everything cause they're all outstanding citizens.

False argument. Physical talent doesnt always translate to NFL success. Mental toughness and work ethic are just as important. He posseses neither.

Back
Top Bottom